Need To Save My Files…..

Hi everyone, I have a problem that I would like to share with you. I recently bought a hard disk and had formatted it on my friends system. The installation had no problems and I copied some software in that. But later I found that I could not read some of the files and without my knowing my friend formatted the disk. Now I have lost some important data and need to get back that in any case. Please do suggest some good tools which can help me get them back without much hassle.

Thanks in advance!!!

if the hard drive was reformatted, then pretty much you are SOL.

now there is a program that is used by the law enforcement that i believe it can sort of get some info from reformatted hard drives. but it is very expensive,

and only available to the law enforcement agencies.

there is no program to recover files once the hard drive has been reformatted. if the files were just deleted then the answer would be yes.

See if CGSecurity's TestDisk (free) will be successful.

If you are going to run it within Windows you should attach the disk you need to recover as a secondary drive on a PC that is functional. Alternatively, there is always the LiveCD version, but you will still need a separate disk for any recovered files to be copied to.

I have never tried recovering files after a reformat with this utility, but it does claim to be able to do so. Note that there is no simple GUI front-end with this utility; you will need to read the documentation so you know what commands to run.

I would suggest that you don’t try any of the softwares in a hurry cause that might make the things more complex. I had a similar problem too and used the URL removed due to suspected spam of a trusted one that made me heave a sign of relief. Its important that you employ the right toll to make things work for you.

All The Best.

I would suggest that you don’t try any of the softwares in a hurry cause that might make the things more complex. I had a similar problem too and used the URL removed due to suspected spam of a trusted one that made me heave a sign of relief. Its important that you employ the right toll to make things work for you.

All The Best.

I have visited the many sites that have the same phone number as diskemergency.com. This business seems to go by multiple names such as 1 Hideout Computer Services. What disturbs me is the lack of reviews.

Also your post is identical to the one at the following link. Do you also go by the user name henrywillson. This smells of spam to me.

BTW, "pedro" do you know the OP "harry". The two of you seem to use IPs belonging to the same block of addresses out of India.

http://www.openfree.org/forums/showthread.php?p=139552