What is the point of having a del.icio.us button on my website? I see them here and there and if it will help me get hits and traffic I am all for it, but if it just a hog, then I will ignore it. What do you guys think?

I mean I have a digg button but so far those have not really helped with traffic for my sites. I want something that is going to help get traffic to my sites.

What do you guys think would help? I mean what would get me some great traffic? Do you think submission of my rss to pages would help? Give me some help.

Content is king if you have good content then the Digg and all the other buttons will come into play.

To start link to other pages and get other popular site to link to your site. Also a link to your site in your signature here wouldn't hurt either.

what buttons would I add? I mean I have no idea how to setup a del.icios.us button to my sites? I mean looking at www.bogointeractive.com and www.dirtpit.tv that would help us get traffic to my sites.

Content is king if you have good content then the Digg and all the other buttons will come into play.

To start link to other pages and get other popular site to link to your site. Also a link to your site in your signature here wouldn't hurt either.

what buttons would I add?

Well, what I do is use something such as FeedBurner and let them handle all that stuff. For example, the BestTechie Blog and Rock n' Review RSS feed subscription stuff is all located here:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/besttechie

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RockNReview

I find that using FeedBurner is the easiest way to manage your RSS feed on any site.

Also I do use a WordPress plugin that adds the social bookmarking buttons to the bottom of the blog posts.

B

I understand feedburner but what does that give me? I mean I have my RSS setup now.

what buttons would I add?

Well, what I do is use something such as FeedBurner and let them handle all that stuff. For example, the BestTechie Blog and Rock n' Review RSS feed subscription stuff is all located here:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/besttechie

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RockNReview

I find that using FeedBurner is the easiest way to manage your RSS feed on any site.

Also I do use a WordPress plugin that adds the social bookmarking buttons to the bottom of the blog posts.

B

FeedBurner is an excellent way to manage your RSS feeds for multiple sites or just a single site. It provides a number of features, optimization functions, and statistics. Read over their site and FAQ. It really is worth it in my opinion, provides a much better experience for you and the user.

B

well I just dont think that I see the purpose of feed bunner. I mean I have both sites in feedburner but again just dont see what it will help me with.

FeedBurner is an excellent way to manage your RSS feeds for multiple sites or just a single site. It provides a number of features, optimization functions, and statistics. Read over their site and FAQ. It really is worth it in my opinion, provides a much better experience for you and the user.

B

I would take some time and go through all of the features and functions FeedBurner provides and you will see it gives you an easy way to promote your feed and get it out there as well as making it as user friendly and easy to use with as many RSS clients as possible as well as a number of other things.

I went through feedburner once already but did not see the point of having two rss feeds per site when I already have one on the site now. I mean is there something out there to submit my rss feed to? Maybe there is something out there that will get it as in hits up there.

I would take some time and go through all of the features and functions FeedBurner provides and you will see it gives you an easy way to promote your feed and get it out there as well as making it as user friendly and easy to use with as many RSS clients as possible as well as a number of other things.