Computer Screwed Up By Malware

Ok, my computer is seriously screwed up. It can no longer boot up in normal mode, only safe mode. When I try to boot in normal mode there is just my desktop with the background picture and the cursor, but no other icons, and no start menu, taskbar, or anything else. I don't know if it's possible to fix this computer while only working in safe mode. There are 2 saved system restore points, but when it tries to load them, the same thing happens, just a blank desktop.

Before the problem became this severe, the computer was badly infected with malware. It had win32trojandownloader.agent, and several other problems such as webhancer and a couple of others (which I may or may not have fixed). I believe there was one initial infection, either the win32trojandownloader.agent or something else, and it downloaded a variety of other problems onto the computer. I later figured out that it had disabled my computer's firewall. I believe the win32trojandownloader.agent was the major problem, because it was the one that was consistantly found by Adaware, and kept coming back. I was trying to use Norton Antivirus as well as AdAware to fix the problems, but it was no use, the infections kept coming back and downloading other things. They hijacked my internet exporer, so I couldn't use the internet, and therefore I couldn't post a hijackthis log.

Anyway, believing my Norton Antivirus may have been infected, I uninstalled and then reinstalled it, and that's when things took a turn for the worse. Now I can't do anything because I can't even boot into normal mode. Please help!

Download and install the newest HijackThis on each PC.

TrendMicro HijackThis ver. 2.0.2

Read these directions.

How To Post A Hijackthis Log, Easy to Follow Guide

Copy the generated log files then paste them in the following section of the forums.

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please wait patiently for the experts to read your logs and guide you on removing your malware.