I Despise The Local Police

This is a short rant about my local police department. Just so I don't get labeled as a rebellious punk, I usually have great respect for those in the law enforcement field.

With that said, these local pigs are useless. They generally hang out on a couple roads, looking to get speeders. There's a heavily traveled highway running through town and Ive watched cops catch car after car all day long. Go from one ticket to the next. Same thing on a couple choice in-town roads. Forget patrolling the neighborhoods, (the whole reason donut eaters started patrolling in the first place), forget the "certain group" that goes down the street with their music up too loud, forget the idiot clogging up the left lane, they focus on speeders. Thats it. We PAY them to give US tickets!

Several months ago there was a woman going door to door in my area begging for money late at night. I called the cops. 10 minutes later the woman is gone, and no cops showed up. Pity full. Id bet they were all tied up with revenue collecting.... er, writing tickets.

Anyway, on to the more recent. The dive shop that I frequent is in the center of town. It's your typical "downtown" scene. The parking spots are angled on the road way, So you have to back up blindly, hoping no one is coming. Ive scene cops go by at 30+ mph, and on a recent trip witnessed a cop almost hit a car that was backing up because the cop was going way too fast. He slammed on the brakes and honked at the car. HE HONKED when HE was the one speeding. Am I painting a picture for you?

So, today I was parallel parked across the street from the dive shop. I look in my mirror and see one of our finest speeding down the street. Perfect time to pull out I figure. So, I pull out and do a SAFE speed down the road, forcing him to catch up to me and slow down. Wiht out a doubt he is steaming in his car. Time to drive by the book just to make sure I give him no reaosn to pull me over... However, he proved he doesn't need a reason.

We both get to a T intersection. I signal, stop, and turn right. He follows. We both stop for a red light. When the light turns green he signals me to pull over. I get a written warning for "Failing to use my turn signal at an intersection". Complete BS. To make things even better, he leaves the scene with his blue lights still going. Who knows how far he went before realizing that blunder...

I can't go a day without seeing someone pulled over. I can't go a day with out seeing a stupid donut eater speeding in the left lane. It's sad really...

Anyway, that's my rant.

Ohhhh, how I know!! I finally decided I was going to write down time, date, license numbers of Cops breaking Road Rules and turn them into the Police Station.....only problem is that they are usually driving so fast that I can't get the plate number.

Liz

Ohhhh, how I know!! I finally decided I was going to write down time, date, license numbers of Cops breaking Road Rules and turn them into the Police Station.....only problem is that they are usually driving so fast that I can't get the plate number.

Liz

Yup. That's a good idea. Ive got a small digi-cam in my car now that im going to use to start taping this crap.

On a side note. My neighboor just did 40mph+ up the street (neighboorhood, LOTS of kids) in his shiny deputy sheriff car...

EDIT:

Reminds me. This past weekend I got behind a Sheriffs car going north on the highway. I was cruizing at 85mph and he passed me. Must have been doing 95mph or so. Very entertaining. Hed work his butt off trying to get infront of people and Id just cruise at 85mph. I kept catching up to him at lights/traffic. Everytime Id make sure to position myself right behind him. Im sure it bothered his that this "low life civilian" was keeping pace with him, with out going as fast, and out of his ticket writing jurisdiction! :D :D

Edited by Bubba Bob

HA, we had a slight gang problem here recently at the high schools (ok slight is a blatant lie, it was a MASSIVE problem in which they were scared for students lives). Some people got shot, others were gonna get revenge, bunch were high school age. It involved MS13 (most dangerous gang in the US) and the Vikings. They distrusted the local police so much (cause they suck) that they called in State Troopers (they were EVERYWHERE), TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation), FBI, and other law enforcement agencies on the schools. Local police weren't seen too much during this time. State Troopers were all over town in pairs.

Ahhh well, some suck some don't. City Police seem to do their job a little better than the County Sheriff Department. I never see Sheriff vehicles doin anything but speeding (City do to but they actually do somethin).

... Just so I don't get labeled as a rebellious punk, I usually have great respect for those in the law enforcement field. ...

Glad you stated you respect law enforcement, and sorry you're stuck with local police who are arrogant, myopic. law-breakers themselves. It seems the top-cop is the one who sets the tone, if they hire and allow such jerks to remain on the force THEY need to be replaced.

I've only experienced poor attitudes throughout an entire force in a couple of towns, and at least I could avoid those towns (thereby avoiding giving them any financial support, taxes, local businesses, or via bogus tickets -- except for one case where I got a bogus ticket anyway, however I have not been back in that town since).

I'd rather focus on the good guys anyway. My local police and the police in the town where I work are, generally, great.

As for reporting poor behavior by the police ... Uh ... I wouldn't want to paint a target on myself.

bubba bob

maybe they are on a merit sys

where by the more convictions the more chance of promotions

here in nz

each conviction

the more bonus

you get

so that allows the buggers to pull any body

over

and you have to be carefull what you say

because if you say the wrong thing

your in trouble and they find any excues

tp write a ticket

isnt that what the world is comming to

dog eat dog

marty

In the 70s I partied with many of the local cops. If they stopped me I would just get told "You know better, now knock it off and behave". In the 80s I traveled out of state for work and really didn't get noticed by many of the local PDs except for Florida where again I partied with many of the local cops. In the 90s when I moved back home there was a whole new generation of the local cops. Many of the "old timers" had gone to school with me. I broke them in hard. They learned to steer clear of me and their chief would tell them not to get me riled. Now it's another new generation and the "old timers" are the ones who I broke in. They still respect that I take no crap and if I do something wrong they politely point it out.

It can comes in handy when you know the skeletons in their closets. I looked at a job a few weeks ago to replace my old high school gym teachers porch that was destroyed by a young cop driving too fast chasing someone using a cell phone while driving. The police car was totalled and hidden in a friend's garage. One of the "old timers" showed up to remove all of the indentifying police stickers from the vehicle. This accident was never reported. This isn't the first time. :whistling:

... I looked at a job a few weeks ago to replace my old high school gym teachers porch that was destroyed by a young cop driving too fast chasing someone using a cell phone while driving. The police car was totalled and hidden in a friend's garage. One of the "old timers" showed up to remove all of the indentifying police stickers from the vehicle. This accident was never reported. This isn't the first time. :whistling:

Chasing a cell phone user? I'm not one to say they should be solving REAL crimes, someone driving while using a cell phone is breaking the law too, but CHASING ONE DOWN? Don't they have any persepective? Risk your life during a bank robbery or a hostage situation, but ... a cell phone user?

And, of course, someone like that is above the law, not reporting an accident with property damage, damage to government property, fraud, etc. How logical.

• 2 weeks later...
These local pigs are useless.

No Justice - No Peace!

Power to the People!

Down with The MAN!

LoL :thumbsup:

Got pulled over again...

Ticketed for not using the shoulder belt...!! 72' Ford Maverick. I checked fed and state laws, shoulder belt usage isn't required. :rolleyes: Now it's just amusing...

Edited by Bubba Bob

No Justice - No Peace!

Power to the People!

Down with The MAN!

Got pulled over again...

Ticketed for not using the shoulder belt...!! 72' Ford Maverick. I checked fed and state laws, shoulder belt usage isn't required. :rolleyes: Now it's just amusing...

Did they even MAKE shoulder seatbelts in 1972?

Maybe you should start carrying a dozen donuts in your front seat. :lol:

I just found this post on Google regarding your local lawmen.

Edited by irregularjoe

Wow. That'd be like my friend gettin pulled over in his 69 Mustang for no Shoulder belt. It doesn't have one, only lap belts. He don't have that thing anymore anyway. Only has a non-running DSM :lol:

Also, what about old Vdubs? Me and my dad test drove an old 60's Beetle once and there wasn't a seatbelt to spoken of in that thing.

Edited by Honda_Boy

No Justice - No Peace!

Power to the People!

Down with The MAN!

Got pulled over again...

Did they even MAKE shoulder seatbelts in 1972?

Maybe you should start carrying a dozen donuts in your front seat. :lol:

I just found this post on Google regarding your local lawmen.

The car has shoulder belts, but it's a horrible two peice design that has to be "put back together" every time you try and put it on. It's just not worth it. Im going to take em out so they can say anything.

Yep, good find Joe, that's our wonderfull police department. Police Cheif Williams is a (edited out - forgot he has passed on...). One of his sons is a Deputy Sheriff now. He goes 35+ down the neighboorhood streets (lives down the block).

Only has a non-running DSM

DIdn't they come from the factory like that? :D

Edited by Bubba Bob
Wow. That'd be like my friend gettin pulled over in his 69 Mustang for no Shoulder belt. It doesn't have one, only lap belts. He don't have that thing anymore anyway. Only has a non-running DSM :lol:

Also, what about old Vdubs? Me and my dad test drove an old 60's Beetle once and there wasn't a seatbelt to spoken of in that thing.

I had a '64 Khaman Ghia. Paid $400 for it from a coworker in 1974 I think. The engine blew within two weeks.

But I also had a great little '69 beetle. Bought it new in 1970. The retail price at that time was $1900. Think about that for a minute and then think about today's car costs.

Being young and stupid, I drove it from Connecticut to L.A. and San Francisco. Round trip. Twice. The last trip back to CT. we had 4 adults, all our luggage, and a large German Shephard in the car. Needless to say, we were not too friendly after Utah. I still can't beleive I did that. :rolleyes:

Later on, probably around 1980, I bought a used '73 beetle.

Great little cars despite the pathetic heaters. And AC? Just roll down the windows. :lol:

I can still hear the sound of those air cooled engines coming down the street.

Edited by irregularjoe

I don't drive, but our local force seems to be fine, I walk a lot to main street and just chill and stuff. We don't really have much of a force, seeing a cop is a rarity to be frank. Most of the time it's state troopers. Every once in a while you will see "Westminster Police Department" on the side of the car. Maybe they're just not on main street much....

But yeah no ones ever been pulled over. My brother speeds a lot on the long roads, not like main street, haha, but he's only been pulled over once and that wasn't here. They care more about like home stuff it seems, I see a lot more cops at homes than cops on the side of roads.

-Joe

Edited by jamaicaman

I grew up in Chicago and the police were super-cool. The only time they'd say anything to us kids was if we were doing something REALLY stupid or dangerous. I moved to the 'burbs when I was a teen and ... what a difference. Just standing on the corner, like you were mentioning, would be enough to get us hassled by the police. I couldn't believe it! We're just STANDING there! What are we SUPPPOSED to do? Drove me nuts (and apparently still pushes a button somewhere). Once I began to drive they didn't bother me, 'cept for one or two municipalites that were all hard-noses (I mentioned that before).