Malware Causing Internet To Drop

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if any of you remember me, but I used to hang around these forums a few years back. Good to see the community is still thriving.

I've recently encountered a stubborn virus/trojan that's plaguing one of my computers at home. It was transferred to the computer by a flash drive (which had been connected to an infected computer); the virus scanner, EZ Antivirus, tends to pop up with alerts saying files are infected, but both EZ and the usual anti-malware programs can't seem to be able to remove it. We unknowingly transferred the virus to another computer at home, and both computers seem to have the same problem of dropping the internet connection after a few hours. Computer 1 (the original victim) is an XP machine that's hardwired to a Netgear router; Computer 2 (2nd victim) is also XP and is connected to the internet by wireless. A third, non-infected XP computer on the network through wireless seems to be running fine and has no apparent problems.

My question is, has anyone heard of such a malware program that fits the description? I've looked around the net but I haven't been able to scrounge up any information. If you have heard of it, do you know how to get rid of it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much for all the help, and good to be back on the forums!

murtu52

Download and install the newest HijackThis on each PC.

TrendMicro HijackThis ver. 2.0.2

Read these directions.

How To Post A Hijackthis Log, Easy to Follow Guide

Copy the generated log files then paste them in the following section of the forums.

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please wait patiently for the experts to read your logs and guide you on removing your malware.

• 2 weeks later...