I tried superantispyware for the first time on a machine I was trying to clean. It found quite a bit of a files that were labled vundo(had mathichg 02s and 20s). I let it quarantine everything it found. I rebooted the system and it blue screened. I was not able to boot in regular mode Without it blue screening. It was a little unsettling. I recovered by booting in safe mode and returning all files from the quarantine back to the system.

For what its worth, I used the program a second time, but only had it remove files running in memory.

Thanks for the heads up.

Vundo is a big pain for most malware scanners, the tools we have at hand are a lot better at removing vundo infections.

If you need any help with cleaning the PC, you know where to go. :thumbsup:

I tried superantipyware on a different system today. After quarantining some items and rebooting, the system blue screened. What are the odds of this happening on two different systems in a row. If this happened to me two times in a row, you would think this would be happening to lots of people everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Ya, that is quite strange for two machines.

Try Malware Byte's Anti-Malware. I have removed SUPERAntiSpyware from all my machines at home, and replaced it with Malware Byte's Anti-Malware as a on demand scanner.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Its a great program, I have had great success with it. Thanks :-)