Picture Viewer Not Generating Pictures.

Tried Kellys Korner and used restore Icon view and Thumbnail view and still locks up while generating thumbnails.

This is my daughters PC I am trying to fix. I open My Pictures then choose her 2007 Picture folder and almost every time it locks up the folder. Is there a limit on how many folders and files that can be with in another folder? She has 44 folders and 1805 files in that one folder called 2007. Windows XP Home is the OS.

I also tried Kellys Korner "Increase Folder view size limit to 8000" And still no help.

Other folders seem to work fine and show the thumbnails. This folder only shows some of the folders as thumbnails. Any help appreciated.

Aaaa, Try splitting the folder into three or four folders and see if that helps (spring, summer, fall, winter). I seem to remember one time I had around 9000 (yes that many) pictures in one folder and it took forever to load all the thumbnail views (just to open the folder, much less the thumbnails). It finally just stopped working. And filling up a DVD with them all like that did not help. (getting them off my hard drive). Finally split them up into seperate folders and it started working fine. Pictures take up allot of RAM when you open that many.

Didn't help but thanks. I am removing Quicktime and Real Player. I did an experiment and deleted one of the movie files and then went to open the recycle bin and it took a long time to open. I did figure out that if I wait long enough the folders open. 1 minute or even longer. So I figure it must be something to do with one or both Real Player and or Quicktime. Will let you all know if that works.

It's fixed. After uninstalling Real Player and Quicktime I reinstalled Real Player. I then tried to open one of the movie files and it said, I have to have the Quicktime Add-on. Hmm, downloaded Quicktime and installed it again. Now everything is working. So it is like the Army---Install, uninstall re-install. It doesn't make much sence but it is for the good of it.