Hi, when I click on the Command Prompt in Windows Vista Home Premium I get the following: (C:\Users|Jerry>) without the parentheses.

I then enter this command : Cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com C:\Vista\ C:\Vistax86.iso

I then get this message: CDImage.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

Here are the instuctions I was given to accomplish the above command:

4. Download CDimage 2.52.

5. Extract CDimage from CDimage.zip to the C:\ root directory.

6. Open a command prompt shell, and run the following command:

Cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com C:\Vista\ C:\Vistax86.iso

I have the CDimage. exe in the root directory as shown above in the first line of this message: C:\Users\Jerry\

I also download another program which is download into that same root directory (C:\Users\Jerry|)and when I click "enter" in the Command prompt it is supposed to give me an ISO which I then should be able to burn the ISO to my DVD.

If anyone can guide me or suggest just exactly what I am doing wrong with the above information that I have provided, I will be most thankful as I am sure I am missing something in this process. Thanks for any help.

The root of the C: directory is not usually in your path by default. You need to have the file "Cdimage.exe" in a directory listed in your path. In the command window enter the following command. It will list all the directories in your path. Then just put the the file "Cdimage.exe in one of the directories listed. Then you can use the command that you mentioned in your post

echo %path%

You could also just use the absolute path like the following

C:\Cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com C:\Vista\ C:\Vistax86.iso

You could see if you have a ghost copy in your AppData folder. Vista likes to change things into virtual files.

Look in the "C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore" folder to locate your files and folders. Sometimes you have to change the path to this area.