It's your system. If you are running out of room on the hard drive then I would back up everything that is necessary and turn R&R off and rely on System Restore. The only other option would be to buy a larger hard drive and install it as a slave if possible and store your data on it. If your system can't handle two hard drives then I would install the larger drive and do a fresh install of the OS then transfer your backed up data onto it.

i had made back ups....now i wanted to delete some of them...but when i click on "delete" a message box is displayed with "rescue and recovery does not have enough space to perform the requested operation"..

this message is also displayed any time while my pc is on.....may be because my back ups are scheduled...

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-64677.html

Actually , I suspect that you have backed up to your computer not to a network storage device and that you did not disable system restore from monitoring the backups and it is backing up the backups when you make new ones.

Try running disk cleanup (cleanmgr) and under the other options , choose to delete all but most recent system restore point.

Then you can go to control panel / system / system restore and lower the percentage of the drive allocated to system restore

You do not delete the backups by locating them and deleting them. you run rescue and recovery and manage your backups and delete from the Windows interface console