Hi,

This seems like a simple thing to do but I can't get the information anywhere. Can I set my Outlook Express so that the only emails I receive are from senders contained in my Address Book? I thought I could create a new rule but I don't know how to word it. Please help!!!!

I found this from a few years ago, but it should still work:

Click tools/message rules/mail. You need to create two rules.

The first one is: "apply this rule after the message arrives" - where the from field contains people - "stop processing more rules". Then click the "from people" field, and you will see a button for the address book where you can select them all.

The second one is for all incoming mail, delete it and mark it as read. They must be created or moved into this order. This way, if the mail is from a legitimate sender, it will land in your inbox and the second rule will not be applied. All others will be redirected to the deleted folder per the second rule.

Hope that works.

Here's my source - Source

I found this from a few years ago, but it should still work:

Click tools/message rules/mail. You need to create two rules.

The first one is: "apply this rule after the message arrives" - where the from field contains people - "stop processing more rules". Then click the "from people" field, and you will see a button for the address book where you can select them all.

The second one is for all incoming mail, delete it and mark it as read. They must be created or moved into this order. This way, if the mail is from a legitimate sender, it will land in your inbox and the second rule will not be applied. All others will be redirected to the deleted folder per the second rule.

Hope that works.

Here's my source - Source

:thumbsup: Thanks so much, that did the trick now instead of 188 emails a day I'm only getting the ones I want to read.