Happy Easter

Don't eat too much chocolate

Happy Easter Y'all.

Personally I wait till after the holiday to buy the candy, you know when they mark it all down to 50-75% off.

Then I will restock the pantry supply and it will hold for the foreseeable future.

I actually still have some chocolate rabbits from last year (Maybe I'll convert them to fudge ).

I had leftover Lasagne for breakfast, since yesterday we made a big (got a new Bakers Secret 11x14 Lasagne pan I had to try out).

Spinach with muchrooms and ricotta and of course the meat sauce we put up after last batch of spaghetti and lots of mozarella. Even with the neighbors help we only ate half of it so there are leftovers; which works out well since actual Easter dinner won't be ready till late afternoon.

We timed it that way, since the younger boy and his roommate are moving into the house she bought today so they won't be free to eat until late.

Once again I used my favorite turkey thawing technique; put the frozen bird in an ice chest full of water and ice on Friday evening and checked the temp to see if I needed more ice again last night before bed (no I did not). It was perfectly thawed, (the neck and gizzards were still just slightly frozen ) and the water temp was 33 when I pulled it out at ten this morning. Seasoned with poultry seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder it is roasting away and will be done about mid afternoon.

The purple hulled peas (kind of like blackeyes ) are simmering in stock with bacon garlic and onion .

Two pies await cooking (blueberry and pumpkin, the apple still remains to be assembled)

Multigrain stuffing with dried cranberries , fennel , celery, onion , ... ready for assembly.

Sweet potatoes roasting , when done will be combined with roasted hatch chili peppers and cheddar cheese, topped with dilled sour cream.

All I can say is those kids better bring an appetite since the fridge is full and no room for leftovers.

Lucky kids, Pete. I'll bet they'll be happy to take home a large doggy bag so they won't have to cook while settling into the new homestead.

Our dinner will be roast duck, stuffed with an orange and spices. Boiled new Yukon gold potatoes, asparagus and cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce. Mom was supposed to bring the dessert, but opted to stay at her senior complex for their pot-luck. Dang! They get the strawberry cheesecake.