Amcap...error Message...sorry, You Have No Video Capture Hardware?

Hi,

Just bought a webcam (pc14-8 led 1.3 megapixel web cam. All I want to do is record some video for youtube but I know little about video capture hardware/software.

According to the manual I have the correct system requirements and installed as per instructions using the AMCAP driver supplied on disk with the web cam But the following error message appears...

Sorry, you have no video capture hardware......can anyone diagnose the problem ??

Hi,

Just bought a webcam (pc14-8 led 1.3 megapixel web cam. All I want to do is record some video for youtube but I know little about video capture hardware/software.

According to the manual I have the correct system requirements and installed as per instructions using the AMCAP driver supplied on disk with the web cam But the following error message appears...

Sorry, you have no video capture hardware......can anyone diagnose the problem ??

Normally with USB devices the best and most standard method is to install the software , and when it tells you to do so to connect the device and power it up and let it be detected.

If you connected the device before you installed its software and driver pack it may be misidentified.

IF this happened the best thing to do is to go to control panel /system / hardware / device manager

If you can figure out what the device is incorrectly identified as select and uninstall (may be unknown device, generic camera , human interface device ...) Then disconnect it and uninstall the software. Restart the computer and clean install the software and drivers and when told to do so connect and let it be detected.

If you did things in the correct sequence, make sure the camera is on and has the switches in the appropriate position.

Is it listed in control panel => scanners and camera ?

In the application in question is there a place to select the capture device? If so , use that to choose .