OK. The time has come to wipe my XP partition and reinstall. I picked up the Worm_Bagle.KO and I can't get rid of it. It's a virulent little ba$tard.

I looked into removal tools, but they all seem as equally as taxing as just a clean installation and it's been probably 3 years since I last did it.

I have two XP partitons. C contains Windows and Programs along with drivers etc. E contains all my data. I have a feeling the worm crossed over to E, so I'm formatting that also.

Now I know to back up all the data, drivers, favorites, contacts. Did I forget anything?

Thanks,

Joe

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a dual boot with Fedora on the infected computer. I'd like to keep Lixux where it is. Will that be a problem? I'm using Grub as the bootloader.

Edited by irregularjoe
Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a dual boot with Fedora on the infected computer. I'd like to keep Lixux where it is. Will that be a problem? I'm using Grub as the bootloader.

Installing Windows will clobber the GRUB MBR if it's on the same drive. Keep a recovery disc handy and maybe jot down the contents of your /boot/grub/menu.lst.

Well, I decided to delete all the partitions, including Linux, format, and start over.

So far:

Instaled XP

Installed the SP2 CD that M$ sent out about four years ago.

Installed drivers.

Just got online with Windows Updates. Now I'm downloading and installing the NINETY ONE critical updates still missing.

If I get that done before I'm dead, the next step is AVG installation.

:rolleyes: