Am I crazy to think the OS X text editor would do just that, edit text? I was working on an html file at work(on a windows machine). I brought it home to continue coding with textedit. When I open the file with it, it just renders the page in a way that a browser would do it. This is just crazy, I just want to edit the text. I know macs are so intuitive, maybe the "window's way" just confused me. This is dumb.

I am still googling to figure out how to edit a file with textedit :-(

Am I crazy to think the OS X text editor would do just that, edit text? I was working on an html file at work(on a windows machine). I brought it home to continue coding with textedit. When I open the file with it, it just renders the page in a way that a browser would do it. This is just crazy, I just want to edit the text. I know macs are so intuitive, maybe the "window's way" just confused me. This is dumb.

I am still googling to figure out how to edit a file with textedit :-(

Found this link:-)

textedit

I think it says in textedit preferences that you can turn off some functionality so that it doesn't render the text as a web page.