How Remove Coulomb Malware

Did you run adaware in safe mode?? Do you have other scanners....A-squared?? Spybot S&D, Spyware blaster...do you have antivirus running and a firewall...What operating system are you running?? Sorry for all the questions, but the more info the better...

:blink:

Please help me to get rid of Coulomb malware. A member of my family 'caught' this malware and it's a nuisance. Ad-Aware removes it, but not permanently, so I presume it's in the registry?

Thanks

Auriga

you should also disable system restore..and as stated..more specs would be helpful

:unsure:

Please help me to get rid of Coulomb malware. A member of my family 'caught' this malware and it's a nuisance. Ad-Aware removes it, but not permanently, so I presume it's in the registry?

Thanks

Auriga

you should also disable system restore..and as stated..more specs would be helpful

:unsure:

Thanks screi......should have remembered that very important step...

:D

Thanks for the replies.

I used Adaware, but not in safe mode. I don't have A-Squared or Spyware Blaster, but do have Spybot S&D 1.3 which doesn't even pick it up.

I have AVG anti-virus software running (it did pick up ByteVerify virus, but it disappeared and I'm not sure if it's been dealt with or not and I couldn't locate the file which AVG pointed to at the time).

I also had Zone Alarm running at the time, up until last week after Linksys advised me I didn't need it with my WAG54G Gateway as it has it's own firewall.

Operating system is Windows XP Pro, but haven't got latest service pack update. The original IEXPLORE.EXE icon has been corrupted on all but the Administrator's account, and had to put a shortcut onto all the other accounts.

I don't know how to disable System Restore.

So if I disable system restore, run Adaware in safe mode should that permanently eliminate the problem?

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the replies.

I used Adaware, but not in safe mode. I don't have A-Squared or Spyware Blaster, but do have Spybot S&D 1.3 which doesn't even pick it up.

I have AVG anti-virus software running (it did pick up ByteVerify virus, but it disappeared and I'm not sure if it's been dealt with or not and I couldn't locate the file which AVG pointed to at the time).

I also had Zone Alarm running at the time, up until last week after Linksys advised me I didn't need it with my WAG54G Gateway as it has it's own firewall.

Operating system is Windows XP Pro, but haven't got latest service pack update. The original IEXPLORE.EXE icon has been corrupted on all but the Administrator's account, and had to put a shortcut onto all the other accounts.

I don't know how to disable System Restore.

So if I disable system restore, run Adaware in safe mode should that permanently eliminate the problem?

Thanks again for the help.

My advice is to get a squared and spyware blaster...Spyware blaster works with Spybot Search and destroy...just google them or go to the pinned topics for spyware tools.. Make sure they are all updated...AVG just had an update today when I checked...Disable system restore......boot in safe mode and run all scanners...(spyware blaster just gets updated..you don't run that one) reboot and then enable system restore. I'm HIGHLY suggesting the other scanners....There are also many great online scanners..let me know if you need them...good luck.....Not sure about the corrupted file...have to leave that to the experts here....Takes a while to do this, but once your computer is clean...and you keep everything updated weekly at least and run scanners at least weekly.....you should have excellent protection and not find much showing up...

PS...Wouldn't hurt to get IE -Spyad also if you use IE as your web browser....

:D

Hi and Welcome,

Please download this program called HijackThis and then post your HJT logfile in this section of the forums

HijackThis Direct Download

HijackThis Logs - Where to Post

Before you post please put HijackThis in a permanent folder. Follow this to learn how.

Click My Computer, then C:\

In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.

That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis". Now you have C:\HJT\ folder. Put your HijackThis.exe there, and double click to run it.

This will allow backups to be made and saved By hijackthis in case something goes wrong

Follow this link http://www.netstar.me.uk/hjt/hjt.html if you need help.

Good Luck. :D

B

Hi and Welcome,

Please download this program called HijackThis and then post your HJT logfile in this section of the forums

HijackThis Direct Download

HijackThis Logs - Where to Post

Before you post please put HijackThis in a permanent folder. Follow this to learn how.

Click My Computer, then C:\

In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.

That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis". Now you have C:\HJT\ folder. Put your HijackThis.exe there, and double click to run it.

This will allow backups to be made and saved By hijackthis in case something goes wrong

Follow this link http://www.netstar.me.uk/hjt/hjt.html if you need help.

Good Luck. :D

B

Showoff!!!LOL

Auriga....definately follow B's post before mine!!!! He is one of the experts I mentioned before!!!

i'm pretty sure that the latest version..1.99 installs itself in the c:/programs folder..so that issue shouldn't be a problem..can't find my link for it at the moment..i'll post back when i find it.. :unsure::blink:

Here it is

Edited by screi