I/o Error Using Flash Stick

Ok, let me begin by saying I'm an idiot. I'm using a dell flash stick to hold apple works docs and in a hurried fog, I pulled it out before fully ejecting. All of the files are fine except the one I really need! (So murphy's law) When I try to open it I get the i/o error. Is there anyway to retrieve the doc? Dear god, please say yes and have the solution!

Thanks.

Your not a idiot someone should figure out a way this can't happen, not a end user. What may of happen is that the file was still opened when you pulled it out but you probably guessed that. Let's hope the file wasn't damaged I would try it on a different computer to see if it's visible there are also apps that can recover files from thumb drives that may rescue whats left of the file google can help with that.

What OS version and I didn't know anyone was still using Appleworks. That was a great office app wish they would of kept it alive.

Your not a idiot someone should figure out a way this can't happen, not a end user. What may of happen is that the file was still opened when you pulled it out but you probably guessed that. Let's hope the file wasn't damaged I would try it on a different computer to see if it's visible there are also apps that can recover files from thumb drives that may rescue whats left of the file google can help with that.

What OS version and I didn't know anyone was still using Appleworks. That was a great office app wish they would of kept it alive.

It's the dinosaur 10.3.9 but I absolutely love it. It's been a great computer and I have no complaints. I am planning on purchasing a new one for xmas this year though. It's time for an upgrade.

I also want to thank you for getting back to me, I really appriciate it. May I ask, what exactly should I be searching for on google? I tried searching on there already and found absolutely nothing. (told you I was an idiot)

Thanks again for all of your help!