Haxoring, Wrong Or Right

Welcome,

Welcome to room Lobby

The topic in this room is: Everything you want

my friend: Haxoring is stuipid I don’t see why you do it

me: NO its not!!!!

My friend: ya it is there is no purposes for it except to tic people off

me: its about the free exchange of information

my friend: my Butt its illegal for a reason!

My friend: its a total invasion of privacy!!!!

me: not white hat hacking

My friend: what’s that

me: its when you hack a system then e-mail the person the bug or glitch and how to fix it (it’s a nice way to land job)

as you can see I have been having this argument for a while

Who do you think is right?

White hat haxors do find vulnerabilities in software often before the script kiddies can exploit them. Funny, often it's the script kiddies that have tried pernicious hax in the past that become white hatters later in life.

The black hatters I'm more concerned about is governmentally sanctioned (be it ours, or your's, or their's) attackers; which probably come from the white hatter's camp of their respective country...

me: its about the free exchange of information

No one believes that. No one thinks that people wake up one morning and say to themselves "What's the best way for me to promote the free exchange of information? Oh, I know, I'll break into other people's computers. Off to IRC.".

my friend: my Butt its illegal for a reason!

My friend: its a total invasion of privacy!!!!

me: not white hat hacking

My friend: what’s that

me: its when you hack a system then e-mail the person the bug or glitch and how to fix it (it’s a nice way to land job)

People's privacy doesn't care about your motives. And that hat is off-white.

Edited by jcl
I heartily agree with my colleagues jcl and TT_75. Penetrating someone's computer without their consent isn't a completely "white hat" affair. Here at besttechie.net we will not support or condone hacking.

I agree with everyone listed above. Hacking computers is wrong........and it can damage machines that someone is attempting to illegally access. It can also damage machines because the person accessing them is doing it for the purposes of destroying the systems, or the information on such systems. Not only that, but the machines that would be damaged by such intrusion would need to be repaired at the cost of the companies/individuals affected.

I don't care what you call it - illegal access to others machines for any purpose is exactly that - illegal Note that I say ILLEGAL if you have a reason to have access to a machine, then the way you do that is to have a login and password to said resource - I am very passonate about this!!

I am sure that my colleagues would agree :)

Just My .02

Brian

Edited by baker7

first lets grow up

words like Haxoring or Haxing or what have you just shows ignorance. it is a joke language that people in the industry can not stand (leet)

here is how you become a good hacker, you hack your system, secure what was hacked, then hack it again.

or you penetrate networks you are asked to check(by owners or admin) and you give a report to only the admins in charge of the site/place to allow them to secure there vulnerabilities.

hardware hacking is a different story as I see it as a item you bought and you harm no one else if you break it. getting equipment to do things the manufacture did not, is a great way to learn.

what is freedom of information argument?

if you hack someone's site and give away their information then its wrong, the only exception is in the case of public safety, ie a case where someone is hiding information on something harmful, but come on, if you know that, the whistle blowers act is a better way to go.

so in summery,

hacking is fine as long as you own the systems you are hacking or its your job to hack it.

other hacking I have no issue with

hacking windows drivers to allow the device to run on another OS

gray forms:

DVDjohn is a gray form of hacking, because of his work we can watch DVD's on Linux machines, on the other hand he has given a way for people to rip DVD's and given them away with is wrong.

hacking games to run with out the cd/DVD : agian its helpful when I am on travel to not carry my CD's, but it would also allow people who do not own the CD to play the game and that is wrong..

so gray hacking is creating a hack that can be very helpful to allow people to use a product they legally own, but has the potential for a end user to use the hack illegally. So in this case I blame the user more than the hacker, as I believe in freedom of choice, not restricting because it may be used for illegal purposes.