{solved}what Did I Miss....one Dvd Drive Is Mia When I....

I hooked up two DVD drives in to the primary IDE, one as master and another one as slave. But only one drive DVD(E) is shown in the Disk Management which is the slave drive. The primary DVD drive is not working and doesn't show up anywhere. What did I miss when I hooked up the two drives??? I know the IDE cable is working because I just add a second DVD drive onto the same cable.

Edited by Pete_C

Assuming it's plugged in and the jumpers are correct, I'd delete the upper and lower filter keys

left click start>run. type "regedit" (no talking marks)

navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

delete the LowerFilter and UpperFilter keys. restart your pc and see how it goes!

Mark

Assuming it's plugged in and the jumpers are correct, I'd delete the upper and lower filter keys

left click start>run. type "regedit" (no talking marks)

navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

delete the LowerFilter and UpperFilter keys. restart your pc and see how it goes!

Mark

There are jumpers on DVD drive??? I usually just hook it up and it works. Not this time apparently! What is the usual jumper position for the master drive? Lower and upper filter mean those { }? I'll check the jumper first. Thanks.

Silly me! I checked the jumper setting. The MIA DVD drive was correct at master but the slave drive was also set at master. I corrected it and hooked them up again. Both drives now show on the computer. Problem solved. Thanks.

How do I edit the title? Because I want to put 'Solved" in front of it but I can't figure it out.