I have been using Adaware 2007. It's the latest full upgrade.

I don't know how long Se is supported.

Maybe upgrading to the latest might solve your problem.

Flash reports that Adaware SE is now bundled with ASK Toolbar.

Many Malware prevention sites frown at this , and therefore it is no longer a preferred free tool.

There are others which offer realtime protection and more comprehensive scanning and definitions bases out there.

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=31549&amp...79693817b05aada

Lavasoft/Ad-Aware has [edit: plans that likely] include the Ask Toolbar in its installations. This is from the same group that brought use SmileyCentral and Winkey.

This is wrong.

The includsion of these Toolbar offerings in security products is a distrubing trend. Ad-Aware joins Zone Alarm, Webroot SpySweeper, StopZilla and others in doing so.

This is wrong.

Corrine, Microsoft MVP, Windows - Security; Admin Council; Charter Member ASAP

While the ASK bar is not considered malware ; it is not what you expect to get from a security company supposedly dedicated to protecting you from stuff being installed without your permission.

Many have suggested that the current problem with updates is deliberate in an attempt to get you to uninstall and redownload and reinstall so that they can force the toolbar on you.

Flash reports that Adaware SE is now bundled with ASK Toolbar.

Many Malware prevention sites frown at this , and therefore it is no longer a preferred free tool.

There are others which offer realtime protection and more comprehensive scanning and definitions bases out there.

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=31549&amp...79693817b05aada

Lavasoft/Ad-Aware has [edit: plans that likely] include the Ask Toolbar in its installations. This is from the same group that brought use SmileyCentral and Winkey.

This is wrong.

The includsion of these Toolbar offerings in security products is a distrubing trend. Ad-Aware joins Zone Alarm, Webroot SpySweeper, StopZilla and others in doing so.

This is wrong.

Corrine, Microsoft MVP, Windows - Security; Admin Council; Charter Member ASAP

While the ASK bar is not considered malware ; it is not what you expect to get from a security company supposedly dedicated to protecting you from stuff being installed without your permission.

Many have suggested that the current problem with updates is deliberate in an attempt to get you to uninstall and redownload and reinstall so that they can force the toolbar on you.

From what I read LS is talking to Ask about changing their toolbar before making any kind of deal. They also state that if they do partner with Ask the toolbar will be Opt-In. As I see it if they can get Ask to go with a clean toolbar, then it could benefit not just LS and Ask, but all Internet users.

I trust LS and see no reason for them not to end up with a acceptable deal that could infuse money into the fight against malware.

I am running AdAware 2007 and still love it.

Read urizen's statement closely. This rumor is getting out of hand.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry67326

So using the manual update is the only work around I can do. I have done that but will now look for an alternative and quit using AD-Aware. Bottom line is ;Everyone is in it for the money. I'll scratch your back and you add my tool bar to your program. I am the point that I am going to get another PC for the INTERNET and just do a clean install every month. Use this PC as the main PC but never use it on-line. Transferring files as needed. That keeps all Spyware, Adware and Virus in check. Heck I wont even need the Spybot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware that way.