Jeff:

Is there a way to remove the Googlebot ads that occur when you are logged in as yourself on BT? I know that they were added to bosts for GUESTS, but they are showing for me now when I am logged in.

Perhaps I have to clear the cache??

Brian

No, I enabled them earlier for members as well. I'm not sure whether or not it is staying that way (hence why no announcement), but that is how it is for right now.

As you may or may not know, it costs a lot of money to run and maintain this website, the ads are simply a way to help pay for hosting and any other fees that come with the site.

However, with that said, I did my best to keep them non-intrusive and only in one post at the beginning. I did not put ads at the top of the forums for members to see as Guests do.

B

• 2 weeks later...
No, I enabled them earlier for members as well. I'm not sure whether or not it is staying that way (hence why no announcement), but that is how it is for right now.

As you may or may not know, it costs a lot of money to run and maintain this website, the ads are simply a way to help pay for hosting and any other fees that come with the site.

However, with that said, I did my best to keep them non-intrusive and only in one post at the beginning. I did not put ads at the top of the forums for members to see as Guests do.

B

Jeff:

It is Duly noted that it does cost alot to keep this site going, and I know that you will do your very best to make the ads the least intrusive that you can :) I am not bothered at all with the ads in a post box (as they are now) - I simply object with having to use blocking software to block Blinking, moving or other types of flash advertising, as it takes away from the purpose of a site running it. G4 was famous for running rediculous ads that required me to block domains simply so I could navigate thier sites.

I don't mind ads - as long as they don't jump all over my screen - the way you have it set now is perfect :)

Take Care ;)

Brian

B

Hmmmm......OK

Thanks for the info

Joe

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...