The Army Of Google Bots(taking Over)

Lock your doors! Close all of the windows! The Google bots are taking over! Is it just me or have the google ad bots become a pesky little nuisance on the site? It seems that on all the posts the bots post stupid links to products. No offense to jeff, but it is ridiculous! I know jeff is trying to earn a little cash to support the site, but come on. There has to be a boundary between an ad and a disturbing nuisance. What do you guys think? Am I overly paranoid?

I enabled them earlier for members as well. I'm not sure whether or not it is staying that way (hence why no announcement), but that is how it is for right now.

As you may or may not know, it costs a lot of money to run and maintain this website, the ads are simply a way to help pay for hosting and any other fees that come with the site.

However, with that said, I did my best to keep them non-intrusive and only in one post at the beginning. I did not put ads at the top of the forums for members to see as Guests do.

B

The ads barely cover the cost to run the server. Domain registration, forum software purchases, time, and labor either come out of Jeff's pocket or from all those that volunteer as staff members or through the help of all the forum membership.

Remember when BT was on shared hosting and the site was down for 3 months?

Like it's been said, you don't see the banner ads, and this might not be permanent. Considering it is a free support community, I don't think the ads are too much for Jeff to ask for.