Got A College Email Address? Want Office 2007?

Microsoft is running a site called TheUltimateSteal.com. There you can purchase and download Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for $59.95. No joke. I was just in class and the teacher told us about it. I got it and now I'm rockin the the latest and greatest Office for only $59.95.

All you need is a College eMail address as proof that you are a student. It creates an account and password. You fill in your credit card number and address and such and they give you a download link. You can also purchase a back-up DVD for like $12.95. I just downloaded mine since I have a relatively quick connection and a DVD-burner.

This is freakin awesome cause I now have:

Access 2007

Excel 2007

Groove 2007

InfoPath 2007

OneNote 2007

Outlook 2007

Powerpoint 2007

Publisher 2007

Word 2007

Figured I'd share this since it is indeed a steal considering this retails for like $400. Plus the Home and Student edition of Office is is like $120 and only has Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.

your age doesn't matter. You just have to have a college email (basically if you have an email that ends in .edu, your eligible).

I'm so glad my teacher told me about this caue I've been wanting MS Office forever instead of using OpenOffice.org. OpenOffice got the job done but I can't use it for my CIS classes anymore now that our school has completely switched over to 2007. All the books are for 2007 now.

your age doesn't matter. You just have to have a college email (basically if you have an email that ends in .edu, your eligible).

The website also states you must be able too show your student ID card if asked or pay full retail. ($720) I would think that's just scare tactics, but be carefull.

For college students that's a great deal.

HondaBoy, ill give ya $80 for the key. That's $20 profit!! :matrix:

Office 2007 is really nice. Especially the way it integrates into the Vista look.

But a Small warning.

Office 2007 in not yet backwards compatible. They have a compatibilitie plug-in for Office 2000 on up, to be compatible with 2007. But not the other way around. Somethings just don't work. Certain file types don't match.

(Make different file types using Office 2007 and then open them in an older Office product, you will get a messages to download the compatibility add-in)

For instance. I have done all my different webpages the old fashion way using Office 2000 and Word 2000. I can use any Office suite up to 2007 and can make changes. And everything works great. But if I even open a webpage in Office 2007 the page becomes corrupt and never works the same. (that's why I have to use Windows XP for editing).

The only way I have found to get around this, would be to completely make a whole new site (every page) and recreate everything using Office 2007. (I don't really want to go through all that)

Just a small warning.... Other then that It's a great program.

Well, the School has replaced 2003 with 2007 on all the machines and all our books are for 2007. That's why I go it otherwise, I'd probably still be rockin OpenOffice.org.

I didn't even notice anything about showing ID. Our ID's suck though. It's just a mass printed card that the student signs and it has a bar code on the back to use in the library.

what age do you have to be a student

can you be an old student

marty

Marty: You can be any age. Look at me. I still have a year to go and will probably be dead before graduation. LOL

Age is never an education obstacle. (although back pain, irritibility, memory loss, fatigue, and all the other things that go with aging are) :rolleyes:

Honda Boy:

Thanks for the idea. I think I'll get it.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe
Microsoft is running a site called TheUltimateSteal.com. There you can purchase and download Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for $59.95. No joke. I was just in class and the teacher told us about it. I got it and now I'm rockin the the latest and greatest Office for only $59.95.

All you need is a College eMail address as proof that you are a student. It creates an account and password. You fill in your credit card number and address and such and they give you a download link. You can also purchase a back-up DVD for like $12.95. I just downloaded mine since I have a relatively quick connection and a DVD-burner.

Access 2007

Excel 2007

Groove 2007

InfoPath 2007

OneNote 2007

Outlook 2007

Powerpoint 2007

Publisher 2007

Word 2007

Figured I'd share this since it is indeed a steal considering this retails for like $400. Plus the Home and Student edition of Office is is like $120 and only has Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.

I just stopped over at my college and asked how to get a college email account, I've been a student there the past two years.

Their reply? "Oh we don't offer that yet unless you are faculty. We're working on it".

This from a college that boasts about it's I.T. studies program. Unbeleivable. :rolleyes:

Edited by irregularjoe

Ha. C-State, EVERY student has a college email. When you sign up to go to school there, you get one. It's also your login to use the computers. We have a ton of computers that all require a student account and password to access. Even the wireless needs that stuff. We is high tech :P

Actually our school is just as up-to-date on computer technology (if not more) as many big Universities out here.

Ha. C-State, EVERY student has a college email. When you sign up to go to school there, you get one. It's also your login to use the computers. We have a ton of computers that all require a student account and password to access. Even the wireless needs that stuff. We is high tech :P

Actually our school is just as up-to-date on computer technology (if not more) as many big Universities out here.

You're in Tennessee.....so is that Chattanooga State? Just wondering.

Access 2007

Excel 2007

Groove 2007

InfoPath 2007

OneNote 2007

Outlook 2007

Powerpoint 2007

Publisher 2007

Word 2007

Yes, a lot of big software products are available for a nominal fee to college students at accredited institiutions.

When my OL took Autocad at Community college and the prof was trying to sell them trial versions ; I found out that with a college email address they could get the student version which was fully functional, just has a watermark on the final output file for free.

Like I said, lots of companies offer deals like this, but you have to find them.

http://students5.autodesk.com/?lbon=1

If you have a school-issued email address, get started immediately on the new member registration page.

Once logged in they have downloads for all their products.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index...&id=6080671

Products available for free* download:

Revit® Architecture

Revit® Structure

Revit® MEP

AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Autodesk® Inventor® Professional

Autodesk® AliasStudio™

AutoCAD® Electrical

AutoCAD® Map 3D

Autodesk® VIZ

AutoCAD® Raster Design

Autodesk® Impression

Students can also gain access to Autodesk products for film and video artists, game developers, design visualization professionals, and visual effects artists. The Student Engineering & Design Community site provides learning tutorials and resources for the following products:

Autodesk® 3ds Max®

Autodesk® Maya®

Autodesk® MotionBuilder™