How's Your Weather?

Can't see the larger pic on the site, not sure if there's a media download available (odd extension), but that small pic pretty much says it all! Yikes.

Rain here, more rain, then, it's supposed to rain.

For the moment, my lawn's greener than everyone elses. Whatever grass I have apparently needs lots of water so it looks great in the Spring, then when it gets warmer and dryer I have the worst looking lawn in the neighborhood. Not this year I suspect as two across-the-street neighbors never raked leaves so their lawns are smothered, and one's got kids who trash the yards with ... trash ... so ... I betcha, in comparison, mine'll look good. :lol:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't see the larger pic on the site, not sure if there's a media download available (odd extension), but that small pic pretty much says it all! Yikes.

Rain here, more rain, then, it's supposed to rain.

For the moment, my lawn's greener than everyone elses. Whatever grass I have apparently needs lots of water so it looks great in the Spring, then when it gets warmer and dryer I have the worst looking lawn in the neighborhood. Not this year I suspect as two across-the-street neighbors never raked leaves so their lawns are smothered, and one's got kids who trash the yards with ... trash ... so ... I betcha, in comparison, mine'll look good. :lol:

Noscript blocked it at first; then I got it to play.

Guy driving down road sees all kinds of cars rushing up out of valley and past him. Proceeds down around bend and sees avalanche coming down mountain towards village people were fleeing from and he is heading into.

We had a "cold" front which caused thunderstorms, high winds and three small tornadoes in the region. I got one tree limb I have to climb up and cut off since it broke and is hanging (six inch thick or so) .

Beautiful weather today; high around seventy , blue sky and everything is so green .

Pollen is atrocious though.

Supposedly it will be a week before we see more storms. (Isolated Tstorms for Thursday 17 and scattered for monday 21 Other than that, forcast shows upper sixties low seventies and sunny

Today: Sunny. High around 70F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight: Mainly clear skies. Low 43F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies. High 67F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Low 39F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.

Monday: Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

Tuesday: Sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

Wednesday: Windy with sunshine. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s

Took two scrap lawnmowers and got one running one for my stepson, and fixed a desk chair (put on a spare / replacement base) and ran them and a desk over to my stepson and family at his new house.

Tomorrow I will break out the Chainsaw and tackle the tree and maybe mow our lawns (they are growing so fast that two mowings a week are almost necessary).

Noscript blocked it at first; then I got it to play.

Guy driving down road sees all kinds of cars rushing up out of valley and past him. Proceeds down around bend and sees avalanche coming down mountain towards village people were fleeing from and he is heading into.

... Tomorrow I will ... maybe mow our lawns (they are growing so fast that two mowings a week are almost necessary).

Whoa, didn't know the video had a guy driving INTO that avalanche! I'd poo.

OK, braggin' about your nicer weather's one thing, but ... YOU HAVE TO MOW ALREADY. Ha. :P

It's been raining and was supposed to rain all day, then be nice for the next few days, but it looks like "nice" got here already: Some kind of warm glowing yellow ball has appeared in the sky.

I wonder: It's been raining so much for so long I don't think there are any Earthworms in the soil any more, they're all on the sidewalks and driveway. That CAN'T be good for the soil. I think.

Also: Been raining so much the river's risen to flood levels. The riverboat's shoring things up with sandbags, they're building alternate entrance ramps, and we're hoping we don't have a repeat of what happened last year: built an alternate ramp the coast guard shut down for safety reasons (too narrow, no handicap access) -- thank goodness the river dropped and we could go back to using the normal boarding ramp or there'd be NO way to board the boat!

*happydance!* I don't know how warm it got today but it was warm enough to wear shirtsleeves IF you were in the sun. Finally!

De-weeded the vegetable garden AND the raspberry patch. #$@%&* Creeping Charlie decided to overtake the entire area. I hate that stuff. I swear it grows under the snow. Ah, yes, the great feeling of having dirt under my fingernails! I gots Spring Fever bad, now. Can't wait to get back outside to play.

Oh, and my backyard smells like violets :thumbsup:

Liz

Partly sunny and 74 for today.

Just mixed up some miracle grow in a watering can and feed the tulip and maple trees I planted two years ago.

There is an 80 degree day in the forecast for next week. :matrix:

--Three-- Four! near-perfect Spring days in a row! Warm, but not too warm, breezy, but not too breezy. Today started Sunny, then a light sprinkle, then more Sun.

Perfect biking weather, which I did Sunday. We did ~20 miles -- too much for the first ride of the year but it was SO beautiful out!

-----

Edited by JDoors
Heavy thunderstorms are rolling in earlier than expected. It's before noon but looks like it's night.

Same here, although the big ones are south of me for now. They were predicting severe thunderstorms after 4PM today and really severe ones for Saturday evening into Sunday.

• 1 month later...

Been in the 90s and quite humid the last few days. Tornado watch in effect and storm front is about 20 minutes away. Looks like some nasty lightning strikes and hail showing on the radar. Got to shut this PC down and unplug everything. Later.

Is anyone else HOT! ...

I like how your previous post just says, "Perfect!" Ain't so perfect now, is it? :lol:

Temps have been fine, higher than average but not unbearable (though it's humid, as always). The surrounding areas are getting flooded out pretty severely though. Up North a berm for a man-made lake failed, draining the lake. To the East there's been disaster-area citations for all the flooding. The river through my town is getting high, as it always does during the rainy season, but I imagine once the water from all that Northern flooding reaches us we'll have some interesting days ahead.

I'm holing up indoors.

I was at work last night when a serious storm blew through, couldn't even open the door to watch without rain blowing straight in. Driving home my town must've gotten hit -- hard. Traffic lights were out, tree branches EVERYWHERE. My power didn't go out though (very odd), and I have just the one tree (though there were branches from two other trees in my yard).

I pick up the pine cones from the neighbor's tree where it hangs over my property (they kill the grass). On a very windy day I might fill up the small bag I use. This morning? I filled up the bag FOUR times before I gave up and said the heck with it.