How's Your Weather?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raining for the past two days.......which always is a major news event in Phoenix. The local TV news "reporters" run out to K-Kart and then pose with their new yellow slickers on the evening news.

I also discovered some new leaks in the roof. :angry:

Sunny today. Still cold. But i'm not going to shovel. It's a control thing. My partner didn't shovel because he knows it'll bug me and i'll go shovel.. He's been playing the "It's gonna rain" card for a week now...lol! It's gettin ugly though. Every time i get out of the car i kick snow right up around the car door. i know..it's juvenile. :D

Still snowing... I put on my lined flannel shirt, warm socks and snow boots. Found my fleece watch cap and zipped up my wind proof winter coat. Then I went outside and cleaned hubby's snow shovel off. Heh heh... I'm done.

Priceless! :lol:

We got 5 to 8 inches last night & this morning, twice that South of us. It came down in waves; light flurries, then so much snow the street plows couldn't keep up. Quite a mess goin' to work (and I'm one of those fearless loonies in the 4x4 passin' you by). Took me two hours to shovel the drive & walks as it was too deep to "push" outta the way, had to walk each shovel-full to the side & dump it.

Found out my nice, warm parka isn't waterproof. I was out in the snow so much the parka got covered in snow and as it melted I started feeling wet. Once inside I could see that the material was soaked through. :huh:

Guess I should consider a waterproofing spray.

.... Mother nature put it there, let her take it away.

Careful ... the local papers printed a reminder that many communities require you clear the sidewalks, in some places there's a $100 fine. Yikes! (Though most officials interviewed said they couldn't remember any homeowners ever being fined.)

I'm glad they also explained the law concerning liability. My next door neighbors always used that old urban legend about being MORE liable if you DO clear the walks and someone's injured. Yeah, like our state hasn't had a law protecting homeowners for, oh, say, over thirty years or so. One official was quoted as saying the only way you could be found liable is, for example, if you intentionally sprayed water on the walks and let it freeze. Same thing, right? Shoveling the snow and sabotaging the sidewalks. Exactly the same thing. (Another example of people being able to justify just about ANYTHING.)

Good luck, 75. In our drive it would turn into a skating rink.

At first I thought you were going to hit 75 today too.

Yesterday we had up around 68, and today they predict 75 It is 65 at 9:18 AM so that is a distinct possiblity.

I turned off the heat yesterday morning and it was so hot (probably the dogs have something to do with that) that the dogs were panting in the middle of the night and we were sleeping nekid on top of the covers. The OL even reversed the ceiling fan and I thought for a bit she was going to turn on the air conditioning (probably will today no matter what I say) or at least open the windows and "attic ventillation hatch" to get a through the house airflow.

Possible grilling weather, but I told my stepson I would go to his place and help him and his OL with their network and computer problems . They are big football fans and have a big plasma too so he is probably planning on grilling and having a superbowl party himself .

Well, if it is good weather for Valentines weekend I guess that will be a grilling type of day.

Strange! After another couple of inches of snow, THUNDERSTORMS are rolling through here!

I'm sittin' at the computer and hear this strange noise -- Thunder?!? :wacko:

With several feet of snow piled up around the property, this will be, umm, interesting, if it rains a lot.

SOooooo glad I shoveled before it started raining, that snow would've been HEAVY man!

-----

Edited by JDoors

Weird. Beautiful !

We had snow last night coming down pretty good. The previous snows had already melted. Today... blue skies and not a cloud in sight, and the new snow is a'meltin' again. Grandkids got delayed a couple of hours before school started today because their school received a considerable amount more than we did at 2000' elevation (school ~2500+ elevation)

Good Morning:

We have a Winter Storm Warning through 10 AM EST Tomorrow Morning. The weather report last night said that we were in for rain and then it was supposed to freeze and we are suppoesed to then get 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of ICE, followed by 6-12 Inches of snow, and the weekend is supposed to be snowy and cold.

Needless to say, I am GLAD I got food yesterday, and I am staying right the heck where I am :)

Brian

It got up to 71 yesterday. But late later on in the evening, we had bad storms throughout the state. In Tennessee, 24 confirmed dead and 149 injured. Luckily my area just got some high winds that snapped some tree limbs and maybe broke a tree or 2.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Daijoubu desu :thumbsup: Yeah a bunch of crap happened around me but luckily my particular area of TN was not hit bad. It was mostly around us. I was sitting in Programming class (night class) and my friend behind me, his mom called him. She told him about the tornado warnings and such and he had an hour drive home. I think the stuff had passed by the time we left though. It was just real windy here. I live 7 minutes from school so no probs for me anyway.

We had some insane stuff happen though. A gas line somewhere exploded and there insane fires that emergency crews didn't know about. Nobody could get a hold of them. News channels began to start calling them and putting things on their broadcasts to let them know (this is what I heard from a girl at work).

and here's something from a local station

"A Tennessee Tragedy" on Channel 4 News WSMV Nashville's site

*Apparently most of the stuff happened in Macon, Trousdale, and Sumner counties. I live in Maury County.

Edited by Honda_Boy

That gas facility fire made the news here in the Chicago area (pretty dramatic video there), along with everything else. Isn't it early for tornado season? Isn't that usually a Spring thing?

We got a foot of snow. I kept up with the shoveling throughout the day. Later the neighbor across the street tried to pull into their as-yet-uncleared driveway and, predictably, got stuck, still sticking out into the street. I went over to help (I've only seen the adult female over there, along with some kids ... so much around-the-house work goes undone there I guessed she needed a "man" to help out). She mentioned a snowblower that she'd use if she only knew how.

Offer ME the chance to use a POWER TOOL?!? Arr-arr!

Unfortunately it was a one-stage and wound up being more work to use than I had anticipated (one-stages aren't really meant to deal with heavy and/or deep snow). We needed help from other neighbors to get the car unstuck. Also, she mentioned "when my husband gets home." Uh, didn't know you had one. Had I known I'd have left the work for him!

Pet Peeve: All the neighbor's kids climb the snow piles knocking it back into the drive and walkways. I did the same when I was a kid so I'm not upset about it, exactly, but I sure don't like having to go back out to clear up their mess. :angry:

-----

Edited by JDoors