How's Your Weather?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Temps plummeted recently here. It's colder than crap (for Tennessee). We had a pretty good snow a few days ago but it wasn't quite cold enough for it to stick around over night. Now it's that cold, but there's no snow. When I went to work earlier today it was 22 F according to the water plant's sign. The manager at work said last night though, his thermometer at his house went down to 2 F and woke up to 8 F.

Yesterday we had mostly bare ground after our January thaw. Between midnight and 7 AM this is what I woke to.

01_20_08_Snow004.jpg

01_20_08_Snow001.jpg

oh i do remember those mornings...but for me as a kid in Michigan..it meant hours of shoveling snow for my neighbors for 50 cents...75 if you had a fully paved driveway...

but here in SoCal today high of about 65...low this morning was actually 31...frost on the windshield..lol

Man when you guys get dumped on.....you really get it good. :mellow:

Well for here we are at:

3 °F

Light snow

Feels like : -13 °F

Relative humidity : 65%

Wind : 17 km/h W

Barometric pressure : 103.3 kPa Barometric pressure

Dewpoint : -6 °F

As for the coming week....well it looks like it may get better. :matrix:

Monday

Max. 10 °F

Min. -13 °F

Flurries

Tuesday

Max. 5 °F

Min. 1 °F

Cloudy with sunny breaks

Wednesday

Max. 18 °F

Min. 3 °F

Sunny with cloudy periods

Thursday

Max. 21 °F

Min. 10 °F

Sunny

Friday

Max. 12 °F

Min. 0 °F

Warm thoughts going out to Terrorist--the news just said Fulton NY had 3' snow fall and another foot on the way.... :angry:

Just stay inside and call a plow, dear!!

Liz

I guess the total was close to five foot in the last two days. Our city DPW garage collapsed under the weight at 5 AM this morning and some of our plow trucks, sanders, 10 wheelers and garbage trucks are trapped under the rubble. They have declared a city wide emergency due to not being able to clear the streets in a timely manner. Garbage pickup is canceled for the week.

On another note my friend who plows me out when the snow is too great for me to shovel, blew the front seal in his tranny. My two driveways are big enough to hold 8-10 vehicles. Between this nasty head cold and the shoveling I feel whipped. I called my transplant co-ordinator to see if I could take anything for the cold without conflicting with my meds. I thank her for okaying Benadryl and Sudafed. Now I have to get ready to shoot pool in our league. I hope I can shoot early.

I guess the total was close to five foot in the last two days. Our city DPW garage collapsed under the weight at 5 AM this morning and some of our plow trucks, sanders, 10 wheelers and garbage trucks are trapped under the rubble. They have declared a city wide emergency due to not being able to clear the streets in a timely manner. Garbage pickup is canceled for the week. ...

:blink:

I guess I'll stop wishin' for more snow now.

It has been fairly mild here in Texas; highs in the fifties most days this week, lows in upper thirties or low forties.

It was warmer last week, but we had a cold front.

Another came through last night so the high today is supposed to be in low forties with low in the twenties tonight and for the next few days. Supposedly it is 31 out there now, I do not believe it.

But it is supposed to be back in the upper sixties and low seventies for the weekend. I can deal with that.

Love looking at all that snow TT75! But i don't have to plow it either eh? We just got over a cold snap. Single digits! Now it's.. bring on the snow! We got a couple inches. High winds and more snow in the forecast. i doubt we'll be seeing the accumulation you're seeing though. Has it stopped snowing yet? Did you make it to league night?

We're still having snow flurries. Possibly another 6" here. Looks like the brunt of today's snow will stay North.

I made it to pool league. They let me shoot second instead of last. I felt crappy the first game and lost, but then got mad at myself and ran out on the rest of my matches. My head hit the pillow at 8:07 PM and it was lights out.

We're still having snow flurries. Possibly another 6" here. Looks like the brunt of today's snow will stay North.

I made it to pool league. They let me shoot second instead of last. I felt crappy the first game and lost, but then got mad at myself and ran out on the rest of my matches. My head hit the pillow at 8:07 PM and it was lights out.

We're back to single digits. And this cold snap is taking it's toll. Frozen doors and locks. Broken water pipes. The water dept. is working on our street today( sounded like and earthquake when that jack hammer hit the cement ).

Asleep by 8:00 ish? Sounds like the Benadryl and Sudafed kicked in..he he.. i never asked? Do you play in a 9 Ball league?

Strictly 8-ball. I used to play in every 8 & 9-ball league in the area plus the local money tournaments. I was also a member of the APA, but tired of the operators and format of that league. With my cataracts I am not as sharp as I once was, but can still kick butt.

Ever see the kid that was on Believe It or Not? Landon somebody..Shewww!

i've seen it on YouTube!

i haven't played pool in about 5 years!

8 ball is my fav. i've been looking for an online pool game. Just for fun. i'd found a good one and the site discontinued the game. Gahh..

Oh and...Still cold..Still snowing! But we're still not getting anywhere near the amount of snow you have.

JDoors, stop wishing for more snow right NOW, young man! Shovelled yet *again* this afternoon and since it snowed some MORE afterwards, it looks like I'll be shovelling MORE tomorrow. Stop that wishing! We have enough snow, thank-you-very-much!!! The snowbanks alongside the driveway are as tall as I am--if it snows anymore, I'm too short to throw the junk to the top of the pile!! :rolleyes: /end rant.....come on Spring! Or at least 32F+ temps???

Pool?? Oh, I'm the worlds worst pool player.....simply pathetic...

Liz

Edited by blim

We're supposed to get another dusting of snow soon (late Sunday?) here in the foothills of Cali. (east of Sacto). Snow expected down to 1500 feet elevation (we're about 2000 feet ele.). It was in the upper 50°'s F at one time today with some sunshine. It's a sight better than the hammering we got from the winds and rain (historical 'Storm of 2008') just after the New Year. Hope all y'all stay warm.

Well I finally shoveled my driveways yesterday. I had a bit over 3 foot of snow to clear because my friend with the plow blew his tranny last Monday. I have been so sick with this head cold and congestion in my lungs I just let the snow build up. After 4 1/2 hours of shoveling, coughing and hacking the job was done. Surprisingly it seems to have cleared my lungs out. They say by Tuesday it will go up to 42F and rain.

... The snowbanks alongside the driveway are as tall as I am--if it snows anymore, I'm too short to throw the junk to the top of the pile!! ...

I hate when that happens. I wind up having to WALK with each and every shovel-full to some place where I CAN throw it.

The first year I owned this house it snowed like that and I had those shoulder-high piles of snow along the drive. Exhausted, I went inside. The next day I look out and, because the neighborhood was so new there were no trees, bushes or other greenery to "catch" the blowing snow, IT FILLED UP THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE DRIVEWAY, all the way up to the height of those piles. So I, along with everyone else in the neighborhood, had five FEET of snow filling the driveways. The snow in the yards was only a couple of feet deep. Weird, huh? And talk about WORK. Sheesh.