Creating A Recovery Partition

No, It's not that hard. Not to easy either. Vista makes this job real easy, But for XP, just read everything and take your time.

Here is how to Create A Partition Or Logical Drive

Using the Windows interface

Creating a Partition

Usually adding a second Hard drive is a better way to go. That way if your main Hard Drive dies completely. You have everything storied an a separate drive. You don't need a monster drive to use as a backup. Just one big enough to store what you'd need. Maybe a little bit more. I use a 120Gig drive to back everything up on. Including a Ghost Copy of my complete system.

I wanted to create one for the laptop of the other thread, but since you recommend to do it in a separate hard drive, I guess I'm out of luck because even if I create a partition in my only drive it will be lost when the hard drive crashes, thanks for the help though.

Edited by intocomputing2

You can still do it. A second or third partition used as a backup in-case of melware or a virus, or just messing with something you shouldn't have. Can make your PC useless

There can be allot of things that can mess with your current system, but not affect your hard drive. And most problems will effect just the main partition.

Allot of people store backups, downloaded programs (so they don't have to find and redownload that favorite one). storing the latest drivers. Anything you would need to bring their system partition back to what they need.

That link looks interesting. If I get some time, I may try and experiment with it. I have a client who wants to buy a computer form me, but asked if it had a "restore feature" like his HP computer. I told him I could do it. I was going to use acronis, but if I can do it for free, that would be better.

• 1 year later...

To create the backup DriveImage XML (private edition) http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/DriveImag...veImageXML.html (its free!!)

To create the Partition EASEUS Partition Master (Home Edition) http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/easeus-pa...rtitionman.html (also Free!)

Preston