New Tools In Sp1 Rc1 Refresh

I have been testing Vista "SP1 RC1 Refresh" now for a couple of days. (Newest release for us testers).

SP1 is getting close to becoming ready. This install now configures M$ mail, IE and your desktop. (small window in upper right corner.... You 'll remember them). Has all the normal pre-install windows. (the "read this and do you agree type")

I like this install of SP. I can't really say why... But things seem..... better, smoother....

But I have found a couple of new added things not on previous builds.

This one is for Ultimate. "Secure Online Key Backup" Saves your activation key and passwords in a secure online location.

Another new added feature you'll find is in the "System Rating" under System Performance.

Now along with the normal test ratings of Processor, Memory (RAM), Graphics, and Hard Disk. There is now a new one to measure "Gaming Graphics". It now also tests and rates 3D Business and Gaming Graphics Performance. (can your system handle that new game).

This latest Beta looks and acts like a normal Windows Download. Not a beta test copy that by-passes all the "read this and do you agree type windows" So it's getting closer to being release to the masses.

Another new added feature you'll find is in the "System Rating" under System Performance.

Now along with the normal test ratings of Processor, Memory (RAM), Graphics, and Hard Disk. There is now a new one to measure "Gaming Graphics". It now also tests and rates 3D Business and Gaming Graphics Performance. (can your system handle that new game).

In my non-SP1 copy of Vista Business, the 3D Business and Gaming Graphics Performance is already tested, so it isn't a new feature. I am looking forward to using SP1, although my laptop is running swimmingly with Vista freshly installed. Could it make a good thing better?

In my non-SP1 copy of Vista Business, the 3D Business and Gaming Graphics Performance is already tested, so it isn't a new feature. I am looking forward to using SP1, although my laptop is running swimmingly with Vista freshly installed. Could it make a good thing better?

Mmmm.

Now I know it wasn't in Ultimate.... Was it... No.. I'm sure it wasn't.... No. I don't remember it. I'll have to check the next time I do the next Beta. No. I upgraded some drivers and did the refreash for my system score. before installing the latest Beta....

Hopefully it won't be to much longer. The latest release had a couple of new bugs that need working out yet, that the previous build did not have.

For those of you who have not heard. At first M$ was keeping "Refresh" to just us testers. But as of Friday they are letting the public try it.

NOTE: You must un-install the previous SP before you download the newest one.

It takes a good hour to remove the old one. And a real good hour to install the newest one. (does that for any of the betas)

And any of the Betas will work only untill June 30th. After that they will default and you will have to remove them.