Hello,

I have a window vista home premium disk that has a couple fairly bad scratches. I need to reformat my laptop with it but my laptop cant read it. Although my desktop is able to read it perfectly. Is there a way i could just copy the vista disk? I have tried nero and it gets about 50 percent the come up with an error.

Thanks

make sure you follow their direction thoroughly, seems when rubbing the disc the wrong way could make it worse. Good luck, there programs to recover disc, but if you had to pay $50 to get a program to do it, and it didn't work, then your out $50...

if its an OEM disk, ask the computer manufacture, I know dell will replace the disk

if its not OEM I think microsoft charges $25 for the disk if you need it..

good luck

If your computer reads it OK. Then just use something like Nero, there are other products that may work.

OR.... If you know somebody that has a Vista CD. Just make a copy of theirs. Vista loads the OS by the product key. If you have a CD Key for Premium, it will just load Premium. If it's for a 64bit. It will load the 64bit OS.

Try this program.

Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier

Product Description

Recovers files from disks with physical damage. Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data. The program will attempt to recover every readable piece of a file and put the pieces together. Using this method most types of files can be made useable even if some parts were not recoverable in the end.

Features

The level of data recovery can be changed to enable very intense data recovery through to skipping damaged files completely. The data recovery process can be paused and resumed mid file. Logging can be enabled to record details on transfered files, their integrity and offsets of any errors. The programs language can be changed between English, Spanish, Russian, French and German. Multiple directories structures or single files can be dragged and dropped onto unstoppable copier for transfer.

Try this program.

Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier

Product Description

Recovers files from disks with physical damage. Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data. The program will attempt to recover every readable piece of a file and put the pieces together. Using this method most types of files can be made useable even if some parts were not recoverable in the end.

Features

The level of data recovery can be changed to enable very intense data recovery through to skipping damaged files completely. The data recovery process can be paused and resumed mid file. Logging can be enabled to record details on transfered files, their integrity and offsets of any errors. The programs language can be changed between English, Spanish, Russian, French and German. Multiple directories structures or single files can be dragged and dropped onto unstoppable copier for transfer.

ok i used that program and saved the files to my desktop, then made it into an iso to mount to teh DVD, but its not bootable...which file in the windows folder should i select to be the boot file? i saw no .bif files.

Does the program you used have, and did you choose to make a bootable disk?

well the program i was using did a sector for sector copy. i would just pop the vista disk is, it would read them all. then i would pop a blank disk in and it would burn all those files the exact way they were on the vista disk to the blank disk.