Malware Please- Ufnavi

God bless you guys. I use my laptop online very often and it has a trend securities antivirus (installed about 2 months back)

I noticed 2 days ago a pop-up dialogue box that has been recurring and that reads UfNavi empty download.

It seems my system is hijacked as i can't access a lot of the programmes on it now or(even attach anything to this message). what should i do please?

Femi

Hi Femi,

Welcome to the site

Please follow this information HERE about how to post a Hijack This log.

I want you to show hidden files. There are instructions HERE to help you do this.

You should have Administrator rights to perform the fixes. Some of the instructions I give may need to be printed or saved for reference during the fix. Some of the fix will be done in Safe Mode so you will be unable to access this thread at that time.

Please dont use any of the tools without specific instructions. Some of them are dangerous (and could leave your computer in worse condition that it is when infected) if used incorrectly.

These instuctions should be read first, then followed. If you do not understand something, don't be afraid to ask, or see if I'm on chat. :)

Edited by sarahw