Acer Aspire 5100 Battery Status Problem

I'm having problem with the battery status on my laptop. Instead of displaying that my battery is fully charged if plugged in or how much time is left on my battery if unplugged, it will say Epower management, how do I fix this problem.

Here are the recent activities I've perform on my laptop,

I used Eraser and deleted unused disk space.

I went to windowsupdates.com and installed the driver updates

Ok, good it is now removed and I'm using the XP battery.

Now I have these questions,

Will my battery last longer when unplug or will it still be around 2 hrs???

Now where do I go to see how long my laptop been running???

The amount of time the battery is good for is not related to what software you use to monitor it.

If you are having a problem with a NiMh battery not taking a full charge generally you need to totally discharge it , then let it charge overnight to fully charge (In some cases you have to do this multiple times to reattain a full charge) . Some have a bios reset for the battery charging cycle too. (Note Li-ION should not be fully discharged. In fact it is best for rechargeable batteries never to let them go below 25% capacity and never to overcharge them either, IE disconnect from charger when you hit near 100%)

Others have a battery recalibration utility .ONLY USE THE RECALIBRATION UTILITY DESIGNED FOR YOUR SYSTEM.

If your laptop does not come with a calibration utility and you cannot find a reset in the bios, one option is to charge it as fully as you can and boot to bios and leave it on until it shuts itself off from low battery (unplug of course). Recharge completely before powering back up and it should be recalibrated.

http://batteryuniversity.com/parttwo.htm

Has some good reading.