Which Os For The New Rig?

I'm building a new rig soon. I'm debating which OS I wanna go with for it. I'm trying to decide between Windows XP Professional or Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm mostly going to be gaming and watching videos on it. One reason why I'm debating is customization. I love using 3rd party themes and switching them up every so often which I do all the time on my XP Home systems. I tried to look up Vista themes for my lappy (Vista Home Basic) on my favorite site for them and there were very few. And the few that were there weren't very different than the standard theme. Other things I'm considering are performance and stability. Also, all those warnings and notifications in Vista drive me insane.

The planned specs of my new rig:

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition (definite, it's under the Christmas tree right now :P )

AMD Athlon X2 5600+

2GB (2x 1GB) Crucial Ballistix PC2 6400 DDR2 800 RAM

EVGA e-GeForce 8800GT 512MB OR EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB

Any input would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

I hate Microsoft. Vista it is then. I already have Basic on my laptop and I do not like it so I was looking to see if there was a decent reason to put any incarnation of Vista on my new rig, and you gave me the biggest one. Thanks!

If you go with Vista. Keep in mind to look into a higher quality graphic card with a larger cache.

Vista's new architect pushes more of the graphic workload on the graphic card. Making it do more of the work. (that way it frees up the workload on the main processor). That's why people are complaining about Vista. The older or smaller cards don't know how, or can't handle the pressure.

With XP, The main processor still does most of the graphic rendering and the graphic card isn't worked near as hard.

I'll be running a GeForce 8800GT or 8800GTS (G92) so I'll be fine. Even my twin 7600GT's from my current rig will be fine (which I may have to run for a while until can afford the new one).