I'm visiting friends and they put me to work trying to figure out whats wrong with their display. At random the screen will start to flicker and then completely mess up. By moving the monitor it sometimes goes back to normal for a few minutes and then mess up again.

I had noticed that the speakers were really close to the monitor and had been for a while. I moved them a safe distance away but the problem still exists. Could that have messed up the monitor?

The system is an AMD 4400+ with 2GB of RAM and it's running the MSI mobo with onboard graphics (nvidia 6150).

I'm trying to get a hold of another monitor to rule out the one they're using now but any other ideas?

When you moved the monitor, did it also move the cord to the PC?

Try unconnecting the monitor from the PC and reconnecting it back up. If that doesn't help, try moving the cable starting from the PC all the way to the monitor to see if at some point the monitor starts to flicker.

If it is the onboard, yes a good graphics card will really help. Tho onboard graphic cards are not bad.

But.

If you really want to get into heavy video rendering. You need to get it out of a good graphic card. Shop around, You can get a good one for under $100. But if they want to get deep into gaming or something like poser rendering, you could find a card that will really preform going for up to $800.