Other Board

Yeah well..............

Are you all from that board originally?

I was there when it was TTV.

Seveal I know are as well,but I will let them speak for them self's.

I also was there when it was Tech TV. I hang out there on occasion, it's a little weird. A lot of us migrated from other forums.

Yes there are many good people there.

A good number of them are here as well,and seveal other sites.

When TTV pasted in to history many could not stand what became of TTV and went else where.

I am proud to say I have learned a lot from them and take pride in knowing them.

I try to pass on what I have learned as best as I can.

When TTV pasted in to history many could not stand what became of TTV and went else where.

I am proud to say I have learned a lot from them and take pride in knowing them.

you got that right.

..i'm not much on the help side of the equation..but i sure have learned a lot on the "got help" side..

wayne :unsure:

I also am from TTV, and migrated to G4 because we all wanted to stay together and not lose touch. I learned a lot from them. I knew nothing until I went to TTV, read and ask questions. I was guided on what to do, and what I should have on my computer to help protect it from all sorts of things.

There are some good people there, and now we have some of them here. This board here is very comfortable, friendly, fun and has a lot of talented people.

I have also had trouble getting on G4 today and this evening.

Barb B)

you got that right.

..i'm not much on the help side of the equation..but i sure have learned a lot on the "got help" side..

wayne :unsure:

And another "you got that right" tenmm..........and screi....you're not alone.

I'm not much on the help side.....but continue to learn from the best people.

Oh.....and yes I'm from TTV....G4.....and now here.... :D

When I first attempted to login at the G4TTV,my first thought was that my cable had reverted back to a dial-up connection.The problem,whatever it is,will pass.

The only bummer was the few (the usual?) posters who were vocally pointing out how this slowdown would never have happened before the TTV/G4 merge. :huh:

The only bummer was the few (the usual?) posters who were vocally pointing out how this slowdown would never have happened before the TTV/G4 merge. :huh:

Indeed. The TechTV boards were often glacial and not infrequently frozen solid. If anything G4TTV is more reliable; more prone to slowdown, perhaps, but less prone to complete outages.

Anyone else tried a "tracert g4techtv.com" from the command prompt?

Wonder if it's one bottleneck bringing it down.

Last feedback before timeout I get is 204.6.150.242 (Performance Systems, Washington, DC)

Same here. The trace passes through our upstream (which is acting a bit weird this week, but not too bad) and then Portland to San Jose on Verio and San Jose to LA on Cogent/PSI. If there's a problem it must be on one of those two, probably the latter.

Edited by jcl

~ You may find this interesting....Mike posted this in a thread entitled

"What's wrong with the boards?"

Tuesday December 28, 2004 6:19 PM

mlegg510:

Hi guys, it took me 8 hrs now to log on!! was in a chat with some Admin, the site is messed Bcuz of the BAD weather in CA and all the power outages everywhere there...

when I find out more I will let you know

it took 10 min for this to load and I have 4Mb high speed connect

Mike

I was just going to mention the bad weather down there, with all the rain that we were supposed to get here in Oregon. In fact most of the storms off the coast have either done a split to the North or the South or both, so we are in a huge deficit on the rain gauge again this year. Maybe will get some on the back swing off California storms this week. Strange weather.

So after seeing the news tonight with all the flooding and mudslides in southern California, I am not surprised that G4 is having trouble along with alot of other people. Still it isn't as terrible as the Tsunami situation after that awful quake Sunday off Sumatra. The area is still being rocked by large quake aftershocks.

Here is a interesting site. Click on any area for more details, or hover over a quake circle for more info. Also there are links at the bottom of the page for news articles.

World Seismic Monitor

I pray that we never get "The Big One" here in the NW or anyone does ever again anywhere else.

God bless everyone.