Where Is Our Sidekickcat?

I noticed our friend Pat hasn't been around for quite a while. You're missed my friend. I hope all is well.

The governors of Washington and Oregon declared states of emergency, which will allow for easier aid to stricken communities.

About 150 people were stranded at some point Monday across the region, said Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire. About half were rescued by Monday evening, many of them by boat, she said.

An estimated 30 to 40 people evacuated a flooded mobile home park near Astoria in northwestern Oregon, said Peter Williamson of the Red Cross.

Bremerton, Wash., reported 10.78 inches of rain in 24 hours, said Weather Service meteorologist Chris Burke.

Wind gusts of more than 100 mph were reported along the Oregon coast, with the highest reading at 129 mph at Bay City, the Weather Service said. Gusts hit 81 mph at Hoquiam, Wash., it said.

Mudslides halted north-south Amtrak passenger train service between Eugene, Ore., and Vancouver, British Columbia, and flooding forced the indefinite closure of Interstate 5, the main route between Seattle and Portland. To the east, snowslides temporarily closed major Cascade Mountain passes carrying traffic on Interstate 90 and U.S. 2.

Most major roads in southwestern Washington's Grays Harbor and Pacific counties were closed, and virtually all roads into the coastal city of Aberdeen were cut off, officials said.

Battered Pacific Northwest

yes she has been missing for some time

i posted at world start

and sharba said she had posted 2 weeks before hand

but not since then

the terroist

asked several weeks ago

she used to post at leo laports

message board

any one from here that posts there may know

marty