Posting XP boot floppys in rar format size is 4390kb. Each floppy in in it's own folder. Pop in an empty floppy. copy the files from the folder to the floppy, don't copy the folder. Number each according to the folder.

These were free from M$. Now Bill does not want to support fdd, everything is going to boot from cd.

You will need them sooner or later if you don't have them.

M

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know, Yes you should be able to use a disk. I have my startup disk on both. Nowdays, finding a PC with a floppy is a whole new story. But I allways put one in my PC just in case.

Edited by JSKY

I don't see the need to put them on a cd other than the possibility of having a machine with no floppy. Newer machines support boot from cd better than older ones. In this case, newer machine, you should be able to use the XP install cd. Most machine shipped with no floppy are "name brand". Someone doing a home build will usually think of all possibilities and therefore spend the $20 for a floppy drive, or rob one from an older machine.

M