It Is Officially Winter In Rochesrer Mn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For us in Saskatchewan.....well winter came a while ago. We are sitting at a balmy -19c / -2F for a high and tonight going down to -26c / -15F. We have been enduring this for more than a week now. Hopefully some relief (warming up a little) next week. :mellow:

We've been getting our normal lake effect. Over a foot fell just north of me. We have a Winter Storm Watch flashing on the TV screen. The winds are supposed to hit 35+ m.p.h.

After heading for work today I decided it was time to throw 300 lbs. of sand bags in back of the trucks. The back of the GMC wanted to swap ends on the black ice.

Times like this make me glad I live in Texas. It was mid sixties last night for the Cowboys to beat the Packers and today was again up in the mid sixties but cloudy. Tomorrow we are supposed to have a warm front, up in the seventies with a chance of showers, same for sunday.

Yep it is getting chilly up here too in Northern BC, Canada (-3 C).

I see you are using that darn metric system. In Celcius it was -14 here :-) The Pacific must keep it a little milder for you.

Yep, I'm Canadian, I'm slowly getting used to the metric system! Yes, the Pacific just next to us does give us milder weather. It is now -2 C/ or 28 F. :)

I HATE WINTER!!!!!! Woke up to sn*w on the ground and it didn't melt away. *stomp* And yessss the weather reports say we're getting Shanenin's weather tomorrow. Stupid westerly winds and Lake Effect sn*w. :angry2::angry2::angry2: Yes, I'm bitter.....I hate winter!!!! Hate it , hate it, hate it!!!/end rant.......for now.

Liz

I HATE WINTER!!!!!! Woke up to sn*w on the ground and it didn't melt away. *stomp* And yessss the weather reports say we're getting Shanenin's weather tomorrow. Stupid westerly winds and Lake Effect sn*w. :angry2::angry2::angry2: Yes, I'm bitter.....I hate winter!!!! Hate it , hate it, hate it!!!/end rant.......for now.

Liz

Liz,

Enjoy winter while it lasts.

The "warming" is coming.

We had record breaking temps of 45 consecutive days of +110 degree weather here this summer. (summer being about 300 days a year). Many of them +115 degrees. Trust me, that gets miserable after awhile.

The big news today was that it rained. First time in about four months.

Joe

Us to. it started snowing just about an hour ago. We are supposed to get 4-8 inches(for you Canadians thats 10-20 centimeters :P ). By the end of the day, it is supposed to warm up and start sleeting/raining. The good part is, the snow may keep the sleet from freezing on the ground.

And...being the nice guy that you are, you're going to

share and send it all my way tomorrow, aren't you

thanks a bunch!!!

jim

I read recently that the predictions are for Canada and the Northern US to have the coldest winter in over fifteen years There were numbers like forty six below zero . They said the snowfall predictions are still not finalized but look heavier than normal.

Maybe they should send all the folks who think global warming is a terrible thing up there for a conference in early February.

Thanks Pete,

I have heard predictions for the winter and most are mild. I think it will be more towards what you say this year. I am a little behind in winter prep this year due to shoulder surgery. I usually have all my calcium chloride, (not harmful to pets) the snow blower tuned up all the lawn furniture in and snow implements ready. I was lucky this morning just to get the picnic table and benches moved before work this morning. We are expected to get a few inches tomorrow. I am in trouble. (a little late) The one thing I am excited about is the possibility of watching a football game in the snow. :thumbsup:

Take care all,

Pat

And...being the nice guy that you are, you're going to

share and send it all my way tomorrow, aren't you

thanks a bunch!!!

jim

I read recently that the predictions are for Canada and the Northern US to have the coldest winter in over fifteen years There were numbers like forty six below zero . They said the snowfall predictions are still not finalized but look heavier than normal.

Maybe they should send all the folks who think global warming is a terrible thing up there for a conference in early February.

"Maybe they should send all the folks who think global warming is a terrible thing up there for a conference in early February."

Sign me up!

Hey shanenin.. How are you? We had a little of your snow come our way. Take it back :lol: Had to go pick up the daughter..(new driver..first winter ) snow turned to ice and she was all over the road. So she freaked out a little and called home! :thumbsup: But that works for me!

Edited by echobay