Exact Time Of Your Birth

My sister e-mailed me asking if I knew how to find out the time of her birth. My birth certificate includes the time, so I never had to think about the question before. How, if it's not on your BC, do you find out your time of birth? (No one who was around then and might have a clue is available.)

A call to the hospital or to the county court house should have it on record.

If not, give Homeland Security a call. They probably already have that info. Plus things you forgot about after turning two years old.... :blink:

(Maybe I shouldn't have added the last line.) -_-

8:04 AM

I know because my dad used to call me at that time on my BD to wish me a happy one.

:D :D Paybacks for you keeping him up all night?? :D :D Kidding aside, what a lovely tradition! But I don't dare call Daughter at 1:52am on her Birthday...she probably wouldn't wake up anyways.....

Liz

hope you have some luck with this JD. i have kind of wonder.. If the hospitals or vital records fail.. Would the OG-BYN that delivered have to maybe keep records/files?

OG-BYN? What's that? We were pretty poor, so I imagine it was "show up" and ... here's your new daughter. I was only two-years-old so my memory is unreliable to say the least. My Sis hasn't e-mailed me back so I don't know if she's done as I recommended and called a local hospital to see if hospitals keep records going THAT far back (Oh snap!), or what. I don't know for a fact which hospital she was born at and she hasn't told me. We lived in Chicago and Childrens Memorial was nearby, so before I call for her (it's not long distance for me) I would like to know if that was in fact the hospital, and if a hospital local to her suggests they do keep such records. I imagine once I found out I'd have to have her contact them anyway as they'd probably not release the information to me just because I say she wants me to get it. If they DO have such records I also imagine there'd be a charge to locate, copy and send them out.

Opps sorry about using the acronyms J. It's just another name for the baby doctor. i was thinking if there was an accidental omission on the actual vital records it's self maybe the doctor who delivered might have made a note of the time in his records! i must have read your post wrong. What everybody else suggested should work just fine for you.

Not everyone is born in a hospital. I was born at home. My mother called the family doctor who swung by to fill out the birth certificate and make sure she was okay. Of course I was the fourth of seven children so she knew what she was doing by then. (Only my oldest sister was delivered in the hospital, the rest of us were all at home unassisted like it used to be.).

Yes, if you are born at a hospital they should have put the time on the birth certificate; but otherwise it may not have been included.

I know when I was born because I had a silver commemorative "baby spoon" with the date and time inscribed on it.

Odd thing, If I sleep in a darkened room, with no alarm set , I will wake up at that hour and minute more often than not (although usually I go back to sleep since that is why the room is dark and the alarm off).

What does she need the time for? Getting a horoscope charted?

(Gee, now with google earth I could even get the lat and longitude of the house I was born in if I really wanted to .)

Edited by Pete_C

Yeah, it's for a horoscope, or to be more precise, for a more accurate horoscope (HA!).

Anywho, she hasn't contacted me since so ... Whatever. (We've been estranged for years, she only contacts me when she wants something.)

I'm pretty sure she was born in a hospital and I thought I knew which one (I asked, she didn't reply), but ... whatever. <_<

Not everyone is born in a hospital. I was born at home. My mother called the family doctor who swung by to fill out the birth certificate and make sure she was okay. Of course I was the fourth of seven children so she knew what she was doing by then. (Only my oldest sister was delivered in the hospital, the rest of us were all at home unassisted like it used to be.).

Yes, if you are born at a hospital they should have put the time on the birth certificate; but otherwise it may not have been included.

I know when I was born because I had a silver commemorative "baby spoon" with the date and time inscribed on it.

Odd thing, If I sleep in a darkened room, with no alarm set , I will wake up at that hour and minute more often than not (although usually I go back to sleep since that is why the room is dark and the alarm off).

What does she need the time for? Getting a horoscope charted?

(Gee, now with google earth I could even get the lat and longitude of the house I was born in if I really wanted to .)

Yeah, I knew an Astologer like that who used to want to know the exact time and location of birth to cast a horoscope ; but the funny thing was he firmly believed that the stars etc had nothing to do with it. He felt that the true nature of astrology was that it was empirically based from thousands of years of observations and predictions; more akin to biorhythms or some such and categorizing people then forecasting probabilities based on cyclical patterns of behavior, mood, activity etc. He also insisted that a persons chart was affected by the people around them at home and work (surprise).

Taken in that light it seems highly possible he may have had something there. More than the usual vague stuff you see in the newspaper which could apply to anyone and most of it was more about how you should deal with events if they happen (Like do not do anything mechanical next week, if it breaks get someone else to fix it or you will just make matters worse and get frustrated. Or next month would be a good time for you to plan a vacation , you will be able to relax and ignore things which would otherwise disrupt your get away.)

Of course it could always just be the way he phrased things to folks.

I believe in a lot of "psychic" stuff (too much has happened in my life to dismiss it), but the POSITION of objects in the Universe affecting your life? No (to put it mildly). My body, here in Illinois, has a greater gravitational effect on you, wherever you are, than Saturn does. I bet it started with looking at what's in the night sky and assuming it MUST have some relevance. I don't buy it. It's a pile of rocks or an accumulation of gases tens of millions of miles away, reflecting Sunlight back toward the Earth. That's it.

The person you're talking about may be closer to the truth, after all, the people around you DO affect your life, even if you don't believe in any paranormal activity whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...