My 2 Day Experience With Used Laptop

Howdy, just wanted to share my experienc with this free laptop.

It's a Sony Viao laptop:

Win XP

The guy said he had pop ups comming by the dozzens, i told him i'd clean it for him. Nope he said, don't want nothing to do with computers any more.

So i gladly took it. I hav for 2 days useing the knowledge of an HJT expert to clean it.

I have run these programs:

Spybot

Adaware

AVG

SDFix

Combi scan

Vundo fix

Blacklight

LSPfix

Silent runners

Smitfraudfix

and 2 on line scans

Now i know how the people feel when we have them download & run these programs. The HJT teachers say to play with these programs but how many of us really do . wondering.

But i know its diff when you are terribly infected & have to remove things.

This is an experience i will never forget. And i think it will help me to in my HJT log helping others !!

Yes its up & running great !

Chuck

Wow! Well, I'm one who says "my time is cheap", so you got a bargain on that laptop, but untechy me isn't sure it would be worth all the gray hairs!

I read through the hijack posts sometimes and I sincerely HOPE I never, ever have to go through that process! HJT Teamfolk are heroes, though! And shouting a big thanks to them

Liz

... he said, don't want nothing to do with computers any more. ...

What?!? :blink:

;)

Did you consider all that scanning "interesting and fun," or "hard work?"

Good going on getting and cleaning up your new toy!!!!

Myself, I find it tedious and sometimes right down boring. Stat this scan.... wait. Start another scan....wait.

Of course there are those who think they have to catch everything that's out there. And then it's a big challange. :wacko: