Just Saying Hello To Everybody!

i do think about everybody and miss you all! With Thanksgiving fast approaching.. i'm really wanted to take a minute and say "Thanks" .. Thanks to all the BT gang! YOU ROCK.. i've love what you do. i love who you are! i've been a bad monkey and a worse BT member! But i do always have you all in my thoughts and prayers! i've missed you and i've missed Word Association and the Comedy and the Music and the people that make BT's so fantastic! And Jeff.. YOU STILL ROCK! Ok mushy mode off! i have to hit Word Ass.!

i do think about everybody and miss you all! With Thanksgiving fast approaching.. i'm really wanted to take a minute and say "Thanks" .. Thanks to all the BT gang! YOU ROCK.. i've love what you do. i love who you are! i've been a bad monkey and a worse BT member! But i do always have you all in my thoughts and prayers! i've missed you and i've missed Word Association and the Comedy and the Music and the people that make BT's so fantastic! And Jeff.. YOU STILL ROCK! Ok mushy mode off! i have to hit Word Ass.!

Welcome back!

omg.. i've missed you all so much! Oh you guys.. Come here and let me give you a BIG squench! So glad to see you're all well! Sorry that time passes so quickly these day..Actually dazed..i swear! But to come back to here and see.. All of you.. Now that's a good day! i've tried to catch up on the chat a lil' and see i've missed some banner days. My God the place looks great! Big GANG TACKLE to the usual suspects! Happy Birthdays and Congratulations and comfort to those that i've not been there to share in all that you've been through!

i'm am so never gonna stay away this long again! And.. i'm getting leaky here.. So Nuff of the mushy..

What's everybody doing for the holiday vacation next week?

i'm doing summer saults.. Cuz i don't have to cook this year!

(i've always done the family gatherings in the past! )

i need a side dish to bring..Something scathingly clever! Any suggestions!

Lucky YOU, Echobay! Every year I have the In-Laws over for Thanksgiving dinner and cook for a dozen. Combat Cleaning has been on my docket this past week (I have one BIL that notices any lil piece of dust, so now it's a challenge--he can eat off my floors!)

Although my favorite side dish for Thanksgiving is Green Bean Casserole (mmmmmmy favorite!), anytime I get an invite, I get a request for seven layer salad....To me seven layer salad seems like a summer dish, but I guess to others it's an anytime dish

Liz

Hey Blim.. he he..i know right! i almost feel <i>guilty</i>And i'm lol @ your BIL looking for speck and bits. So..you're not tempted to throw in a left over prop ( eyeball or bat wing you know the staples he he) from Halloweeny when you sever his dessert?

Bean Casserole..Always! lol..We call it "monkey brains"! i was looking to bring a surprise too. 7 layer salad sounds like a plan. What do you use for your 7 layer?

i'm the most unoriginal cook can imagine! i remember lurking Pete C's posts around the holidays. Never ever thought to serve cranberries warm! lol .. How versed am i about Thanksgiving? He's like the Iron Chef of the boards!

We heard snow for Thanksgiving too. Still tracking that one.

7 Layer Salad

Place in a bowl with a tight lid (or else your fridge will smell like hardboiled eggs AND you can buy these at the Dollar Store) in order:

Lettuce (fill about 2/3-3/4 of the bowl, usually takes a head with a large bowl)

Green Onions (one bunch will do the trick unless you have a very large bowl)

Cooked Frozen Peas, cooled

Bacon Bits (Mc Cormicks are cheaper and gives Hubby less heartburn than Bacos)

Real Mayonaisse (about 1/2-3/4 " thick, I use a Quart Jar and call it good)

Chopped Hard Boiled Eggs, cooled (about 6 or 7 but make an extra to for the cook to munch on!)

Shredded Cheddar Cheese (8 oz pkg)

Once everything's placed, gently smush it and make the day before (which means if you plan on Layer Salad, y'better get shopping! ;) )

As for BIL, my Sister gave me a good idea--if he finds the speck of dust and comments, hand him a rag! Almost tempting to leave a speck just so I can do that!!

Liz

Edited by blim

That salad sounds perfect. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! If i don't get to it use it for Thanksgiving i will definitely use it for Christmas. (Mom-in-law already bought a whole bunch of greens/ veggies that weren't planned). Hey.. i don't think of it as just a summer dish. But .. heh i didn't even know cranberries can be heated. (sigh.. i'm hopeless)

Hope Thanksgiving with the family is just one of the best! i don't have any BIL's to worry about. We have this one nutty aunt though.... One time she..Shew..Never mind .. We all have one of those in the family..lol

Link below..What i don't have to do on Thanksgiving..By echobay..

Thanks again Liz!

I LOVE the smell of cranberries and just might heat some up to scent the house! :D Especially since I don't like the taste (such a beautiful color, smells Heavenly, how come I don't like them????)

So thank YOU for that great tip!

And hoping you and everyone at BTs has a Blessed, Happy and SAFE Thanksgiving

Liz

I LOVE the smell of cranberries and just might heat some up to scent the house! :D Especially since I don't like the taste (such a beautiful color, smells Heavenly, how come I don't like them????)

So thank YOU for that great tip!

And hoping you and everyone at BTs has a Blessed, Happy and SAFE Thanksgiving

Liz

LOL..i don't like the taste plain either blim! i did have this awesome pie at my BF's house though, like a 3 berry mix. Now that was great! It had cranberry, blueberry and strawberry! Almost to pretty to eat! Did the snow hold off for your holiday? We only had a rain/mix in travel. But woke to snow on Friday, about 2 inches!