Restaurant Reviews

Pei Wei

Pei Wei is the little brother of the chain restaurant P.F. Chang.

They offer fast Pan Asian food both in their restaurants and to go. The latter being their main source of income.

Although I generally hate chain restaurants and the corporate way to food, I like Pei Wei.

Their restaurants are clean and the food, although too heavily salted in my opinion, is very good. I have been buying their product for years.

My last visit however, was a disappointment.

I ordered two dinners and spring rolls to go. I brought the food home, reheated it, plated it and sat down with my partner for what I thought would be a great dinner.

That's when I saw two big hairs in our dinners. Not to get too disgusting, but they looked like nose hairs. Complete with the follicles.

Needless to say, our dinner was ruined. I threw the dinners out and found something in the freezer to cook.

What's very disappointing about this story is that I emailed Pei Wei twice and never received a reply. I also called the local restaurant and could not get through to the manager.

So my advice is, check your food! You never know "what" you are eating.

Edited by irregularjoe

Ewww... Nose hairs? No bad experience like that. We don't eat out often, because it's so dang pricey, but when we do I like local places. Our brew pubs put out fine fare, so does a Greek place and a Mexican one. To be honest, give me a Little Caesars "Hot N Ready" for 5 bucks.

I never have really enjoyed eating out until I visited the Dinosaur Bar-B-Q in Syracuse to listen to a couple of blues bands I like. I immediately fell in love with the food and atmosphere. I have yet to sample all of their menu to determine what my favorite would be. It's all good so far.

Darnit. I love food but for various reasons almost never dine out. But keep this going, I wanna enjoy the food by proxy! :lol:

There's a couple of co-workers who torture me by describing their dining experiences ... "The so-and-so was incredible!" I walk away, slobbering, and trying to quiet the rumbling in my stomach. So torture away!

Me, I prefer Chinese buffets. Love the food and the spices. And with the Buffet, you get to try everything that looks good. Instead of trying things one at a time.

Haven't really gone out to a fancy place in years. My son in law works at a place called Bonefish Grill (owned by Outback) I've repaired a bunch of kitchen equipment for him and got a whole bunch of dinner for 2 gift certificates. Not a bad place Ate my share of surf and turf

Mark

unfortunately beeing diabetic

i havent many choices

most places dont cater for restricted diets

so i have to eat at home

tho my grandson is a chef at a small bar

he will prepare food for me

but that is once in a will

as it is i love food

but ime not always able to have what i like

other than salads

stir fries

ect

marty

Cant beat a Ma n Pa southern fried american food type place, but a Waffle House get's pretty durn close :thumbsup:

Hair in youre food is pretty bad. What were they doing in the kitchen to lose some hair...??

"What were they doing in the kitchen to lose some hair...?? "

That's exactly what I was thinking. Pretty disgusting, 'eh?

I never have really enjoyed eating out until I visited the Dinosaur Bar-B-Q in Syracuse to listen to a couple of blues bands I like. I immediately fell in love with the food and atmosphere. I have yet to sample all of their menu to determine what my favorite would be. It's all good so far.

Thanks for the menu link. I'm taking a "Menu Planning" course now. It's one of the requirements of my recent endeavor to complete a Culinary Arts program at the local college and graduate. I'm in my second semester now. Anyway, we have to accumulate menus and cull what's good from them. Not really the actual recipes, but the look and feel of the menu. Then the final project is to create our own menu.

Edited by irregularjoe

In my little town, Prince Rupert, a small fishing community on the North Coast of BC, Canada we have a positively exquisite little restaurant. It is situated near Cow Bay in Prince Rupert, hence the name Cow Bay Cafe. It has a picturesque view of the harbor.

The restaurant isn't really a cafe, but a gourmet dining experience. Adrien the chef has a different menu every night, each main dish is a culinary delight! Adrien hand selects the freshest herbs, spices, and ingredients to produce dazzling dishes! The last time my wife and I went there we had some amazing halibut. The Cow Bay Cafe is the number one restaurant in my town. :thumbsup:

In my little town, Prince Rupert, a small fishing community on the North Coast of BC, Canada we have a positively exquisite little restaurant. It is situated near Cow Bay in Prince Rupert, hence the name Cow Bay Cafe. It has a picturesque view of the harbor.

The restaurant isn't really a cafe, but a gourmet dining experience. Adrien the chef has a different menu every night, each main dish is a culinary delight! Adrien hand selects the freshest herbs, spices, and ingredients to produce dazzling dishes! The last time my wife and I went there we had some amazing halibut. The Cow Bay Cafe is the number one restaurant in my town. :thumbsup:

That sounds wonderful! I'm putting it on my "want to visit" list.