So, How Many Ghouls, Ghosts And Goblins Visited Tonight?

(one of) My Neighboors went all out. Lots of lights, black lights, strobe lights etc. Her and her husband are out in the yard in costumes. NO ONE has come around.... I feel bad for em. All that work for nothing. Most folks go to the chruchs these days. Much safer...

Oh, and yeah, got a little candy left... :wacko:

Edited by Bubba Bob
Wow, a slow Halloween this time 'round. Maybe thirty kids, and no older kids later in the evening like we usually get.

Anybody need a bunch of candy? :unsure:

Yeah, maybe you can fedex it up North.........thank you :D We're having quite the invasion of goblins, ghouls, vampires tonight. I love Halloween, I'm still a big kid at heart.

8, we got 8. Our neighborhood is getting progressively older so trick-or-treaters are getting rarer in here. My brother however lives in a younger neighborhood and he said they were all over the place.

I went to my girlfriend's house, and we got a ton of parents pushing infants in strollers. I wonder who was getting that candy.... <_<

It was rather slow. When it was almost done, this girl dressed as a box came up and I got so excited about that that I gave her 22 pieces of candy. :lol:

:blink: We had a record. If the count on the bags of candy is correct, 348 Goblins this year!!! :blink: Now, you have to consider that I DO live across the street from the elementary school, but this town only has 2000 residents!!!!

Matt, we get infants, too--How dumb to take a baby out in the cold night air!!! One baby was hooked on a portable oxygen tank!! I make a point to buy dum-dum lollipops and make a point to announce that I have something the baby can have!! :thumbsup: But this year I ran out of lollipops around 7:30 and was surprised at the baby goblins out that late....so those parents scored tootsierolls.

Liz

0 at my place, but my buddy John said he got 90 something.

I can say there were some disturbing costumes I saw when I was at my sisters place. I find it disturbing to see girls that are no older than twelve, dressed as geisha.

A few older goofballs showed up late, after a certain age you'd figure they'd grow out of it. Hell I stopped going when I was eleven or twelve.

Zero. Nada.

I'm by myself here this week. My poor S.O. is in Spain.

I was sitting home reading all night and was surprised that the doorbell never rang.

But when I just went to take the garbage out at 11:30 PM I saw the reason. The outside of the house was pitch black. Apparently my outdoor lighting timer broke.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

... Our neighborhood is getting progressively older so trick-or-treaters are getting rarer in here. ...

My neighborhood's changed too, but as the older folk move on the ones with kids move in, so there's always SOME kids.

A friend lives in a neighborhood that, for some inexplicable reason, attracts trick-or-treaters from far and wide. Hundreds of the little buggers.

I was particularly disappointed that the older kids didn't come 'round, I usually unload the remaining candy on them, "Take a handful!" Gives 'em a momentary thrill, as if they'd hit a jackpot.

Interesting this year that due to the delay in DST it was still light out 'til six or so. I don't know how that'll affect the years when I have to be in bed during trick-or-treat hours -- I used to turn off all the lights and nobody'd wake me up. Now how do I keep 'em away? Gotta get me one of them "BEWARE OF DOG" signs!

Where I live, we have a bunch of elderly people, and they have (great) grandsons and granddaughters - so we see a few of these, and my friend George gives out candy for the ones that come to the door, but we don't have as many as I remember when I was living at home. I got a small bit of candy, as I do eevry year, but it wasn't a whole lot, but I did enjoy pizza with my neighbors.

That was about all I did for halloween - then I came online for a while and went to bed hehehe ;)

Brian

:blink: We had a record. If the count on the bags of candy is correct, 348 Goblins this year!!! :blink: Now, you have to consider that I DO live across the street from the elementary school, but this town only has 2000 residents!!!!

Matt, we get infants, too--How dumb to take a baby out in the cold night air!!! One baby was hooked on a portable oxygen tank!! I make a point to buy dum-dum lollipops and make a point to announce that I have something the baby can have!! :thumbsup: But this year I ran out of lollipops around 7:30 and was surprised at the baby goblins out that late....so those parents scored tootsierolls.

Liz

Babies on OXYGEN tanks in COLD air??? holy lollipops!! I can see bringing the lilones around so that they can enjoy the fun, but if it is cold outside, it would probably take the capacity of the lilone to breathe away, because cold air can take your breath away! I think my mom used to have special bags for her special lil visitors so they could have something, which is similar to what Liz is talking about, but if it is really cold I wouldn't have them outside too long :(

In my city, they have a setup where they decorate the city and it is called "Scary Barre" (Barre is pronnounced "Bairy") They have the kids run downtown and the merchants give out the candy, and then they have a costume contest and games and things for the kids to do while it is early - the Barre Rec Department has done this for years, and it is really cool, cause it is a safe alternative for the young ones - I think they also have a haunted house as well - which may account for the decrease in the number of kids we get over the years - I stopped doing it (trick or treating) when I was 12, and love to see the lil ones hit my mom's house and watch thier costumes ;) cute as buttons ;)

What they used to do is bring a bunch of kids to our development and drop them off, so we would have hundreds of visitors because we would have Car and vanloads of kids coming in and running from house to house heheehheehe ;) I don't think there are as many kids in our development now, as we have all grown up - but it was cool to see that :)

Brian