Here Comes Leopard

I didn't pre-order because I have a Apple Store ten minutes away. I know there may be a line but I kind of like waiting in Apple lines. Last time I met some cool people and someone bought pizza and soda for everyone... also free leopard T shirts.

Boy I need a life.

I didn't pre-order because I have a Apple Store ten minutes away. I know there may be a line but I kind of like waiting in Apple lines. Last time I met some cool people and someone bought pizza and soda for everyone... also free leopard T shirts.

Boy I need a life.

:lol: ...Apple Fanatic ;)

B

I't already showing up at some peoples doors.

Just to be safe before anyone installs I find it best to run applejack or at least repair disk and permissions before installing. Also unplug any Firewire and USB devices... other then the keyboard and mouse of course.

I got my copy of 10.5 and the T shirt with me right now but I won't be out of work till 10 or 11 tonight. I got to the apple store a 6:15 and no line, just tons of people packed like sardines around all the mac watching demos. They had plenty of employees with the wireless credit card machines and stacks of leopard, was in and out in just minutes.

I'll install tonight on the iMac and maybe the powerbook not sure yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I like a lot of the little things, the dictionary has Wikipedia, (spacebar +command) spotlight, now type in equation 2+2 it's also a calculator, the iCal icon displays the correct date without being opened. Really like the widget maker in Safari, assigned a mouse click for spaces, the new alex voice and improver preview.

It installed fine on my new iMac but my old PPC powerbook the installed failed. a second try with archive and install went smooth as silk.

So far very happy with the new cat.

I like a lot of the little things, the dictionary has Wikipedia, (spacebar +command) spotlight, now type in equation 2+2 it's also a calculator, the iCal icon displays the correct date without being opened. Really like the widget maker in Safari, assigned a mouse click for spaces, the new alex voice and improver preview.

It installed fine on my new iMac but my old PPC powerbook the installed failed. a second try with archive and install went smooth as silk.

So far very happy with the new cat.

I like all of those as well, very nice!

B

Just want to add that Leopard is getting better the more I use it.

I just had like five apps open on one desktop one being safari. I wanted to use Firefox for posting to a wordpress blog, I open firefox and my bookmarks are all different then in sarafi same with Omniweb. I remember a app I purchased a long time ago on my old machine that synced bookmarks called bookit. I did a Spotlight search for bookit and my conformation e-mail showed up "it was saved on .Mac account" from years ago and sync to my new Mac, cool.

I then download bookit and mouse click to Spaces for a empty desktop do the install. The app ask for authorization #, I Space back to e-mail space and the new Mail app has the numbers highlight with a dropdown menu when I mouse over it. The menu is to create/manage contact for address book or to view larger, so if it was a phone number and you need to see it from across the room or something like that.

None of this is a big deal but all these little things add up.