Beautiful Outside

Looking out my window... The reds, orange's and browns of Fall. Slowly getting covered with a fresh falling of pure white SNOW. Had about an inch last week, but it was gone early before the sun warmed things up. But this looks like it could linger. Supposed to keep snowing all night.

But the only thing I have left to do for the winter is have the snow tires put on my outfits. Have more then enough wood to last the winter, have all the storm windows up. 95% of the summer toys put away. Snowblower ready to go, shovels all waxed up......Coats, boots, gloves.... All set. Been real busy here the last week getting ready. :huh:

How come the first couple of snowfall are fantastic, but the next 6 months turn out to be a drag :wacko:?

Well, I guess it is the middle-end of October. Why fight it... As the song goes... Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow.

Oh Yes!!!!! I miss it dearly...... Not sure what I'm doing in this desert wasteland.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know,

His house is in the village though.

He will not see me stopping here,

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer,

To stop without a farmhouse near,

Between the woods and frozen lake,

The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake,

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep,

Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

-- Robert Frost

Edited by irregularjoe
Looking out my window... The reds, orange's and browns of Fall. Slowly getting covered with a fresh falling of pure white SNOW. ...

Went for a bike ride yesterday, warm & sunny, had some ice cream after.

In the MidWest.

Al Gore was right!

(That's a joke.)

I'm looking forward to snow, always loved Winter. During one trip I imagined the road was covered in snow just for enjoyment.

It's was gone by noon. But it sure was nice to see the first real one. Everything looking fresh and clean.

Been into the mid 30s at night, into the 40s to 50s during the day. Nothing like a nice wood fire to take away the chill on a cold winter night. :P

Same here 'cept it's colder (low 40's going up to the 50's). Rain, drizzle, and same with needing it. Finally, my lawn's recovering, just in time for Winter. :rolleyes:

My brown lawn finally is green and growing fast. I thought I would be able to put the mower away. @#*%

We seem to be bouncing around here. We have had some warm days, then it will cool down to some frosty mornings. Yard is all cleaned up, no more leaves to fall, mower is put away. Now to drag out the snow blower and check it out before any white stuff happens to come along. We had a real nice warm day today though, summer like. :matrix: