Put The Ie7 Menubar Back At The Top

Hello all:

Just figured that I would add a little reg fix to place the menubar in IE 7 at the top, rather then the middle, where it is by default. To do this, open your Notepad, and copy the following Exactly as shown.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"ITBar7Position"=dword:00000001

Save this file as toolbar.reg, as type "all files" and save to a convenient location, such as the Desktop. Then Click on the Toolbar.reg

file and allow it to import the fix to your registry. This will now place the menu bar on top where it has been in prior versions

WARNING: If you are unfamiliar with registry editing, I recommend that you back up your registry before proceeding - improper editing of the registry could result in your system becoming unstable - always back up your registry before proceeding with this or any other reg fix.

Just thought it would be a good addition ;)

Brian

EDIT: My mom asked me for this information today, and I knew exactly where it was too :lol:

Edited by baker7
  • 3 months later...
Hello all:

Just figured that I would add a little reg fix to place the menubar in IE 7 at the top, rather then the middle, where it is by default. To do this, open your Notepad, and copy the following Exactly as shown.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"ITBar7Position"=dword:00000001

Save this file as toolbar.reg, as type "all files" and save to a convenient location, such as the Desktop. Then Click on the Toolbar.reg

file and allow it to import the fix to your registry. This will now place the menu bar on top where it has been in prior versions

WARNING: If you are unfamiliar with registry editing, I recommend that you back up your registry before proceeding - improper editing of the registry could result in your system becoming unstable - always back up your registry before proceeding with this or any other reg fix.

Just thought it would be a good addition ;)

Brian

EDIT: My mom asked me for this information today, and I knew exactly where it was too :lol:

thanks for the info Brian. I've been wanting to do that.