I Think I'm Actually Gonna Try It

Well, i figured I'd try to play an MMORPG for the heck of it but I picked one that was free and 2D. I'm gonna give Maple Story a try. If I don't like, cool, I didn't waste any money on it. If I like, I'll keep playing but I don't think I'll ever try a paid one. Most look unappealing to me but Maple Story looks interesting. i learned about it a few months ago but recently they've been airing commercials and they reminded me of it. I was waiting for class and was bored so I decided to sign up. I'm waiting for the download and I'll probably start it when I get back home. I don't really have much new anime to watch since the season just ended and I'm waiting for the shows that just started in this new season to get subbed. I've been really bored the last few days especially considering I've recently had a bunch of tests so there's nothing to study either. So I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

It does look interesting.

There's a lot of info about "buying" things and how to use Paypal to do it, so I have to wonder how the game experience goes without ever buying anything. Guess you have your work cut out for you.

------

Edited by JDoors

Well I started playing it last night. Not too bad. SLOW. Then again, i'm used to fast paced games like Counter-Strike and Call of Duty. It's a good time killer. You make virtual money in the game and buy essential crap while there's extra crap you have to pay for for real. I'm cool with not spending any real money. That's why I started playing it.

now I'm quite PO'ed. I did a "quest" (actually I already had what they wanted me to find) and got this this free hairstyle change thing but it was at random. I didn't get to pick. It gave me the one I hated the most. DANG. Now I'm considering paying the absolute smallest I can to get a different hairstyle cause this one sucks. This will probably be the only time I spend real money on it if I do. The lowest you spend is $5 and it gets you 5000 nexon cash. Should be plenty to get me a new hairdo and maybe a better weapon or armor. My character kinda sucks still but is gettin better. Lucky for me I have some self control (and the attention span of chipmunk) so I don't get sucked into this crap very easily. Longest I played was 2 hours. I get bored of it easily if I play too long. So far the only game I've ever been addicted to was Counter-Strike: Source and maybe Call of Duty: United Offensive. I'd play those 2 for hours on end. I even played Battlefield games a lot (1942, Vietnam, 2, and mods for each like Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat). But even I got tired of them at times.