I had this problem a while back but then fixed it (of course I don't know how I fixed it). My outlook freezes. I'm in the middle of typing and BAM, it stops, I have to right click the task bar on the bottom to get the drop down menu to close and most of the time it doesn't pop up, have to left click to get it and then right click, lose the email i'm working on, it doesn't even draft itself. It's a mess and SO frustrating. I got a new hard drive about a month ago and it's back to the old settings.

Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone help me? Uninstalling and reinstalling has been done!

thanks

Try eleminating apps accessing memory and processor that are not being used. No need to have your resources taken when you would be better off with apps off. Many apps are set to start in background when windows starts, therefore robbing you of resources.

M

• 4 weeks later...

outlook or outlook express? big difference...

got MS Office? older version - make sure the silly auto document update isn't set to the default of every 2-hours. don't know about newer versions of MS Office.

you fixed it before but don't remember... start a text file to record changes to your system - pen and paper or a text file can be a handy mechanism for expanding your memory (gray-matter type, not silicon).

• 2 months later...