Add A Forum To Your Site Using Go Daddy

Im quite bored at the moment so i decided that id create a guide here. I would do it on ym site but I want a break from it

Step 1: Ensure you have a linux hosting plan with go daddy, if you opted for the windows plan you will not be able to install this forum, Go daddy will gladly help you switch servers for free just send them an email and they will let you know hoe.

step 2: Go to you hosting contral panel, and then on the home page of your hosting panel click under the control tab. Then click on metropolis whihc should load another screen

step 3: Once there enter the word forum into the search bar on the top right hand side of the screen

step 4: select the SMF forum ( Simple machines forum)

Step 5: Follow the onscreen instructions, take note of your username and passwords you choose, have your account information ready and, confirm the install (be careful about picking the URL you dont want to really change it later on as it could cause some major problems as i found out)

Step 6: Once this is completed you have to wait for go daddy to load the forum, this should take roughly 20 minutes to 40 minutes

step 7: Once it has been installed click on your chosen URL that you assigned t the forum an voila. Log in as an administrator and you can edit parts add board make people admins e.t.c. it is great, it really is not that difficult, You can also add new themes, Just search for them on google using SMF themes as the key word

you have any questions

Just let me know and ill be happy to help :thumbsup:

Nas

Edited by nas
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I thought that SMF worked with windows? I have my own website and we have a SMF board the server is Linux but before I had a website, I think the server was Win 32 and SMF worked...

Might be different versions? Or I might just be mistaken but either way nice tutorial.