As some of you may know, I download anime like crazy. I have WAY too much for my current storage space. It's spread across 2 computers and 4 hard drives. I want to order a large hard drive (at least 400GB but preferably 500GB or larger) but I am havin one heck of time picking. Reviews are scaring me on newegg cause I wanna store a large amount of my anime and I don't wanna risk losing any of it. These larger drives from WD, Samsung, and Seagate all seem to be having failure issues for internal drives. Also, I'm debating whether to get an internal SATA3.0GB or a external USB2.0/IEEE1394 drive. I'm just havin a heck of a time pickin cause of the prices, sizes, internal/external, and all the failing drives out there.

Man what happened? I've got many older drives that have been chuggin for years but all these newer larger drives according to many reviews are failing left and right. My 160GB IDE Maxtor only lasted about a year and a half and I'm worried about my 250GB SATA3.0 WD.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Honda_Boy

The problem with storing all your data on a large drive is if it fails your out of luck. The best is to store on a raid set up there are plenty of systems that you just plug in an they do all the work, and if one of the drives dies you just replace it and it all gets restored. This is pretty expensive though.

Or burn your movies to DL DVD's This is what I just started to do for long term back-up.

Also if the Blueray / HD battle ever gets settled we could be storing everything on these disc. Of course whatever you choose in 5 years there will always be something better and cheaper.

well, in that case, i may just start doing what my friend in Cali does. he burns off all his stuff to DVD but my DVD-Burner is kinda sketchy at times.

What I may do is buy a new hard drive to store this stuff on. When a series finishes I'll burn it to a DVD and put it in a CD book or something but keep it on the hard drive too. Just have the DVD's just in case. I'll also burn everything else finished too. I just don't wanna lose this stuff cause I plan to go back and watch a lot of it again.