"flood Control" Error On Boards

B:

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not, but when I went to reply to a message this afternoon after replying to one just before that, I got this message:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 30 seconds before replying or posting a new topic

Is that suppose to happen? I know you said you weren't going to put the limit on editing a post, but does that fall under the same catagory as posting a fresh message? Is this a default that I just didn't know about? Hope you can shed some light on this and just wanted to bring it to your attention. I don't normally respond to two messages so quickly, but I guess I was on a roll today :lol:

Thanks as always B!

Right, I know why it's there...I just thought that B had it set up so that there was no error like this for multiple posts under a minute...wasn't sure if that were the case or if that was just the case with edits, that was my question to him. Either way is fine - just wanted him to know if he had it set up so that there were NO errors like that supposed to occur, that one was occuring. :P

I recieved that message as well several days ago and reported it to him. He is aware of the flood control, and intends to keep it. I forget what all he said, but that's the basis of it. I'm sure the next time he logs in, he will find this message and will be able to shed more light on it.

Thanks Nerelda. I'm fine with it being there - as I said, it's pretty rare that I'm trying to post another message less than 30 seconds after I finish posting another. It does HAPPEN, I don't deny that...heheh...what can I say, I've got nimble fingers... :P But, it's certainly not a problem to wait.

I just remembered he had said something about not having a delay when editing msg's and wasn't sure if it was to carry over into the "new postings" catagory of msg's. So really, my pointing it out was just to make sure he knew. I never use the PM function of this board...I guess I should play with that and ask questions such as those a bit more directly. Mea Culpa..... :unsure:

-B.

Thanks Nerelda.  I'm fine with it being there - as I said, it's pretty rare that I'm trying to post another message less than 30 seconds after I finish posting another.  It does HAPPEN, I don't deny that...heheh...what can I say, I've got nimble fingers... :P  But, it's certainly not a problem to wait. 

I just remembered he had said something about not having a delay when editing msg's and wasn't sure if it was to carry over into the "new postings" catagory of msg's.  So really, my pointing it out was just to make sure he knew.  I never use the PM function of this board...I guess I should play with that and ask questions such as those a bit more directly.  Mea Culpa..... :unsure:

-B.

Hey WiredMonkey,

Is this what you were making reference to:

Besttechie Posted on: Aug 27 2004, 10:59 AM

Replies: 18

Views: 165 Hi Everyone,

I think the minute wait feature is stupid and I don't ever plan on using it.

B

Yes handplane, that's the one. I know it's a specific feature, but where I hadn't heard of the flood control feature and it was kind of made mention of in that thread but not said whether the flood thing would be on...so I guess it is. It's bueno.... :)