My New Blog - Need Help!

Hey everyone! I have been hoping for some while now to open my own blog website up and I don't mean like Blogger.com Free blog I mean a real http://www.thenamehere.com blog. I need someone who knows well how to design a website and that has experience in HTML or PHP or Flash. Unless you are willing to charge the same for a flash site rather than a HTML site I want to stick with basic HTML for now. Also if anyone knows how to get a cheap forum that you can design please post that too. I want to do something like this guys http://www.glennwolsey.com then once I have gotten a few constant viewers I will create a Youtube account and start doing Vlogs and Q&A stuff. Also a help line thing.

If you can help me please post on the Topic or email me @ [email protected]

Thanks All!

For the blog software, I recommend WordPress. Its free, easy to install and use, and there are tons of themes that are free and availble for anyone to use.

As for forums, I've used Simple Machines Forum or phpBB. Like WordPress, both of these are free to use, and have tons of themes availible for download and use.

Even though there are free themes, it does not mean that your site will look bad. All of the themes are good, and there are some amazing themes out there for free.

-Ryan

Ok, I just went to Wordpress.org and found that www.bluehost.com looked very nice it came with Wordpress Installed and you get a free Domain Name (I dont have one so its good) What do you think Ryan?

EDDDIIITTTT: Wait NVM you have to sign up for 3 months + a $30 setup fee

Edited by jhan

It doesn't come with it installed, you have to install it via a script in the control panel, but yes, it is a tad easier than installing wordpress your self.

It is a good idea to not use the same company to host your DNS info that hosts your website, as they could hijack the DNS should you try to cancel the account. If you do use it to initially buy the domain, you should transfer it to another registrar as soon as you can.

-Ryan